My 94 GMC Sierra Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Well, I started noticing in in May the following year. Buffalo winters are horrible and they dump salt hourly! It started out as surface rust, so last Summer I stripped it, primed and sprayed it with bed liner. Sadly, it's back. And I will have to do it again soon.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I started noticing in in May the following year. Buffalo winters are horrible and they dump salt hourly! It started out as surface rust, so last Summer I stripped it, primed and sprayed it with bed liner. Sadly, it's back. And I will have to do it again soon.
nice truck and great build thread can I suggest this time for the light bar you strip it and get it powder coated I guarantee it wont rust ever again.
as for the roll bar idea you had don't know if you still want to do it but id suggest atleast a 42" bar (probably be the same price as 2 20"s) that's what my setup is and I actually just bought a 52" to replace it probably turn the 42" around to face backwards. and totally stealing your tire mount idea when I get around to getting a spare haha

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
nice truck and great build thread can I suggest this time for the light bar you strip it and get it powder coated I guarantee it wont rust ever again.
as for the roll bar idea you had don't know if you still want to do it but id suggest atleast a 42" bar (probably be the same price as 2 20"s) that's what my setup is and I actually just bought a 52" to replace it probably turn the 42" around to face backwards. and totally stealing your tire mount idea when I get around to getting a spare haha

Thanks, But the bar comes powder coated and it rusted too. Buffalo winters kill everything!

Still toying with the Roll bar idea. Got to get ahead of the bills first.

And feel free to steal any idea I have.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, But the bar comes powder coated and it rusted too. Buffalo winters kill everything!

Still toying with the Roll bar idea. Got to get ahead of the bills first.

And feel free to steal any idea I have.
wasn't a good powder coat job a good powder coat wont rust unless bared/scratched im in Canada pretty sure our winters are longer and worse here in alberta salt in the winter (by the dump truck load)calcium in the summer

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
wasn't a good powder coat job a good powder coat wont rust unless bared/scratched im in Canada pretty sure our winters are longer and worse here in alberta salt in the winter (by the dump truck load)calcium in the summer

probably wasn't, But nothing I can do now.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
So as if I'm not broke enough from the head gasket job on the SS, Last week I blew the brake line in the truck. No big deal, I ran a new one. But somehow, as I pulled the old line out, I broke the last original section of the fuel line. Ran back to the store, got a section of steel line and fixed that. Then the truck wouldn't start. WTF?? I broke the ground strap to the fuel pump along the frame. Repaired that, bleed the brakes and took it for a drive. Now I get a banging noise in the front end when I take off or hit the brake. At that point I was pissed and just had to walk away.

Earlier this week, I checked it out. The upper ball joint is shot. So I ordered a new one. Well today, I wish I could say my luck was better, but not by much. Matt, Jack and I went to the junkyards. I found a front driveshaft for my truck. I knew one of the u joints was bad and the slip joint was bound up. Found a truck that was nearly a twin to mine. The truck had a 2016 inspection sticker, so I know it hadn't been there long. I crawled under, The shaft was freshly redone. Couldn't have been in the truck 6 months. New u-joints and the slip yoke moved freely.
You must be registered for see images attach

Once I got back, I took the truck to the garage and on the way there, the truck started straining to maintain speed, then I smelled the brakes. The right front was hot so I let it cool while I replaced the ball joint. That went fairly easy, and other than having to cut the old shaft in half to get it out the new shaft went in easy.

Jumped to the other side, the caliper was seized! I just did the brakes a few months ago and it collapsed easily. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow???

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
When it rains it pours. My truck was like that for awhile. Fix one thing and sure enough something else goes out. At least it's half way decent weather for working on stuff.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
When it rains it pours. My truck was like that for awhile. Fix one thing and sure enough something else goes out. At least it's half way decent weather for working on stuff.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.
Try having 4 trucks that you drive. Theres always multiple things to fix