My 94 GMC Sierra Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Well, I have been here a few months now and figured it was time to start a thread on my truck.

A little history, I bought the truck in June of 98. It has a 5.0L with a 700R4 trans. My son nicknamed it the "Spawn of Satan" because with all the abuse I have put it through it never failed to start with the exception of a dead battery. Oh and the time he decided to park it on a snow bank and it wouldn't start because he forgot the gas will slosh away from the pump if there wasn't enough gas.
This is what she looked like about 7 years ago
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways, I Used it as a work truck for 14 years and the NY salt took it's toll on the trucks body. Last year, my son finally helped me restore it.

Over the last 3 years I picked up fenders from PA, a tail gate from NC, a bed from FL. and apparently cab corners and rockers from China, LOL!
So after 6 months the truck was back in paint and almost rust free. I still need new inner fender wells up front.

Replaced the scratched headlights and lenses with aftermarket clear ones from Ebay

Replace the tail lights as well with clear lenses and installed a roll pan to ditch the rotted rear bumper

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
So last weekend I cleaned it up and took the cap off for the summer. Fuel mileage went up, LOL!

Plus, since I always thought the 4X4 decal on the bed looked too large, I got a set of the 2007 to present decal

Waiting on a friend to debadge his 09 Sierra so I can get his and give it an updated look.

Someday I'll get some time to install the XJ steering shaft and storage box under the hood. Oh and since I just got hold of the compass/temp mirror, I need to install that mod as well.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I love this truck. I couldn't replace it.

As for improvements, I hope to. Just need to find time. Right now working 45 hours a week and having to maintain 2 houses pretty much sucks up most of my time, the rest is spent getting the Monte Carlos ready for the show season right now. Come June I will be doing a lot of work to it. Parts are starting to pile up

is that a 6 lug 2500 with a 14 b

I wish!!! But no, it's just a basic K1500. I added the flares to give it the K2500 look.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Scored a set of Chrome Steelies for $100. One small ding and a little surface rust on the backside from sitting. Other than that they look great!

Now just need to scrounge up some cash for some tires!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
So some chick backed into my truck today. All it did was jar the front grille and chipped the paint on the flare. Crushed the tail light and the quarter panel on her Honda. I couldn't stop laughing.

So I came home, re secured the grille and touched up the paint chip. Looks like nothing happened. Figured while I had the grille out, I mounted the temp sensor for the mirror. While I had the hood open, I finally installed the XJ Shaft today. What a difference! It really tightened the steering up. Gave it a good washing and resprayed the wheel wells black again.

Tomorrow, I after I cut the lawn, I hope to run the wires for the mirror and finish up that mod.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Spent some time this weekend finishing up the compass/temp rear view mod. Had it mounted and all wired over a month ago, but had a bad sensor that I finally grabbed last weekend. Works great now, so I cleaned the interior. LOL!

Compass mode

Temp mode

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Spent the last few days creating a spare tire mount. The cable one is long gone and after having it rot of twice, the spare has been floating around the bed for the last 3 years. A few weeks ago I grabbed a spare tire mount out of a 94 2DR Yukon at one of the junkyards. My initial thought was mount it upright in the front corner of the bed. But on the way home I noticed it fit pretty good on the floor of the bed. And kind of gave it a low profile bed mount look.

So I cut off the rusted lip.

Cleaned of the edges.

Had my son weld 4 1"X1"X1" square stock foot mounts.

Measured the position, Then drilled now holes in the base and into the bed.

Mounted everything up.

Had my son stand on it to stress test it.

It worked great, Took it apart and repainted it.

And mounted the spare to it. Seeing as I'm using a stock 16" rim with a 245 for now, it holds it perfectly. When I get the 265's I'll get a 5th tire for the spare. I made sure to leave about 2" from the bed rail for the larger tire.

Not too bad for less that $20