My 94 GMC Sierra Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
When it rains it pours. My truck was like that for awhile. Fix one thing and sure enough something else goes out. At least it's half way decent weather for working on stuff.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

I know, that's what is expected when your driving a 21 year old truck. But this year is just bleeding me dry financially. Really aggravating.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Try having 4 trucks that you drive. Theres always multiple things to fix

I do! The 01 SS needs a fuel tank level sensor, the gauge flops all over the place. The Wife's Jeep needs tires and the bumper and fender flare repaired and painted, The 86 SS still isn't at 100%, I'm praying the balancer I ordered will take care of the timing issue and the engine vibration. And of course the truck needs the roll pan, and lots of stuff redone. And of course there is always stuff that needs to get done around the house. Like a new roof really soon!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Roofing isn't terrible work. A couple buddies and a nice weekend and it'll be done. Unless you got some mansion or really steep ass angles

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Roofing isn't terrible work. A couple buddies and a nice weekend and it'll be done. Unless you got some mansion or really steep ass angles

A mansion??? Yeah right! No steep angles either. I know a few guys that have done roofs before. I might try to work out some deal with them.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
A mansion??? Yeah right! No steep angles either. I know a few guys that have done roofs before. I might try to work out some deal with them.
A cook out for their families and a few cases of beer when the job is done and some owed favors usually does the trick.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't see many 4x4 trucks with rollpans. I like it! Well done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Don't see many 4x4 trucks with rollpans. I like it! Well done.

Thanks, the decision was easy. A new rear bumper was $250 and the roll pan was $90. I ran out of cash when I had to spend extra for a few things. Took the cheap way out. And I liek the way it turned out. Sad part is I smashed it during the winter. I need to replace it. Kind of glad I didn't waste time and money smoothing it out to the bed side.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, the decision was easy. A new rear bumper was $250 and the roll pan was $90. I ran out of cash when I had to spend extra for a few things. Took the cheap way out. And I liek the way it turned out. Sad part is I smashed it during the winter. I need to replace it. Kind of glad I didn't waste time and money smoothing it out to the bed side.
For sure. It might of pulled on the bed side if you had welded it to it. Could of caused more damage.

Even though I've been meaning to weld mine in... Just not hit stuff. ;)

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Finally had a day to myself to get some work done on the truck. While I changed the oil and rotated the tires on my son's truck, he tore up the floor covering and cut away the rotted section of the passenger floor. Then we welded in a patch that we cut out of a floor pan from a piece of a Cobalt that he brought home from work. Actually looks pretty close. After sealing it on top and bottom, I sprayed the entire floor pan with undercoating. Also sprayed grease, worked the transfer case linkage free and made sure the 4WD worked properly. Then cleaned up around the garage and sprayed the step bars with bed liner. Hoping to get them back on later this week.