94 GMC 350TBI stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenoverbey

Reaction score
My truck has an issue of stalling taking off or accelerating hard unless it's full of fuel. If it get below 3/4 tank it will stall and start right up. I just realized today after filling it up cured it it. The guy I bought it from told me about it and said he replaced the pump. I'm I correct in thinking the fuel pump assy is defective? A split attachment hose or something?? Anyone else had this issue?

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes 95% chance you need a new fuel pump. The advised test is hook up a fuel pressure gauge in line to confirm poor fuel pressure.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could also be the $15 fuel pressure regulator in the TBI . Found that out after paying $590 for an un needed fuel pump. Was living in an apartment no place to work on things, payed dearly.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually, running better with a full tank of fuel means the pump is weak. When the tank is full, gravity will help out a failing pump.

The regulator could be bad, but that should be bad all the time not just when below 3/4.

monsterwake

Reaction score
I just started having this issue. I put a new pump in the first week of November. I only replaced it because the sender didn't work. Now that it is working, the guage only works from full to about half a tank but that is better than nothing. The new pump is much louder than the old pump. I never have to get more than 15 or 16 gallons of gas when I fill up. Like I said, it just started this week. I only experience it on excelleration. I can drive 80 on the interstate with no issue. Starts just fine too.

monsterwake

Reaction score
Fuel pressure was good. Replaced the fuel filter and dumpeda bunch of rust out of the old one. I had just put that one in back in November. But, I think my issue was actually my gas cap. I went to add fuel and when I removed the cap, the tank released a lot of pressure.