Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting today.
Forever ago the passenger carpet would get damp after rain and carwash.
You all know where this is going! Lol
Decided that I wanted to take the whole cowl off as I seen a post here where the cover underneath was all screwed up and leaking as well. So no biggie right. Lol

Well in order to get the passenger side wiper off, the whole hood had to come off as it wouldn't let the arm come up vertical enough to pull the tab out. This was due to it being a cowl induction hood, I'm sure stock would have been a non issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

All for "nothing" lol.
But peace of mind is worth it.

Oooooooh....a screw with clear RTV under and around it! Impressive right! Lol
Had to chase down an flying screw, ended up finding it tucked snuggly down by the distributor....and nobody in the house knows where my extendable magnet thingy went, shocker. Got it out and back onto it's home.

Put the hood back on with the boy.
Put the drivers side wiper back on and ......S.H.I.T!!!! Lol
Off with the hood again, ON with the passenger side wiper, back on with the hood. Oh well, but at least the last time on it seemed to move forward a bit and fits better. Win?

And as cute as this is.....she's 10 and should know better, time for another chat about not writing in the dust on vehicles!!!

That's it for today. Not sure I'll do anything else this weekend. Weather is crap here and it's a long weekend. Just going to chill with the family for the most part and hopefully watch my hockey team not get eliminated from the playoffs tonight.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided that I wanted to take the whole cowl off as I seen a post here where the cover underneath was all screwed up and leaking as well. So no biggie right. Lol

Well in order to get the passenger side wiper off, the whole hood had to come off as it wouldn't let the arm come up vertical enough to pull the tab out. This was due to it being a cowl induction hood, I'm sure stock would have been a non issue.

All for "nothing" lol.

Had to chase down an flying screw, ended up finding it tucked snuggly down by the distributor....and nobody in the house knows where my extendable magnet thingy went, shocker. Got it out and back onto it's home.

Off with the hood again, ON with the passenger side wiper, back on with the hood. Oh well, but at least the last time on it seemed to move forward a bit and fits better. Win?

And as cute as this is.....she's 10 and should know better, time for another chat about not writing in the dust on vehicles!!!

That's it for today. Not sure I'll do anything else this weekend. Weather is crap here and it's a long weekend. Just going to chill with the family for the most part and hopefully watch my hockey team not get eliminated from the playoffs tonight.
Man,That's custom graphics!
The leaks on mine were way up in the very top corners of the cowl. I wound up squeezing big dabs of ultra grey sillycone on my finger tip and pushing it up into the holes. While I was at it I "caulked" all the seams in the cowl and around the vent intake. I figure that ultra grey will be there till the next ice age.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man,That's custom graphics!
The leaks on mine were way up in the very top corners of the cowl. I wound up squeezing big dabs of ultra grey sillycone on my finger tip and pushing it up into the holes. While I was at it I "caulked" all the seams in the cowl and around the vent intake. I figure that ultra grey will be there till the next ice age.
Lol....she's quite the little artist actually. But we had a refresher chat.
Plans are for when I rip the interior and carpet out for doing the stereo, I'm going to dump some water and see if it's still an issue.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol....she's quite the little artist actually. But we had a refresher chat.
Plans are for when I rip the interior and carpet out for doing the stereo, I'm going to dump some water and see if it's still an issue.
That's how I finally found my leak. Had my brother run a water hose all around the inside of the cowl while I laid in the floorboard and looked for where the water was coming in at. I turned out to be a gap they missed with the seam sealer big enough to poke a pencil through.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's how I finally found my leak. Had my brother run a water hose all around the inside of the cowl while I laid in the floorboard and looked for where the water was coming in at. I turned out to be a gap they missed with the seam sealer big enough to poke a pencil through.
Doh....I just triggered a thought I had ....was gonna set my work light on the floorboard, shut the garage lights off and see if I could see any light on the engine side.
Oh well.....messy water when it's time I guess! Lol

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doh....I just triggered a thought I had ....was gonna set my work light on the floorboard, shut the garage lights off and see if I could see any light on the engine side.
Oh well.....messy water when it's time I guess! Lol
Yeah,we did that too. Once I found the area where the water was coming in I had him point a bright flashlight up in there. That's how I determined the size of the hole. Any plans of removing the dash? Save you having to stand on your head.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

All for "nothing" lol.

This is why I keep my car up on the lift. After a 10,000 paint job my kids had thier hands all over it drawing once it got a bit dusty.