Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well.......$hit just got real today ladies and gentlemen!!!
Sold my Harley yesterday, to finance this endeavor. And drove 2hrs each way today to get some parts. Then once I got back into town, spent over an hour at the tire shop with a kid younger than my truck to pick out wheels and tires. Man...that was a thing!!!
Been waiting to do this since 95 when I got it, and since the first time I saw one in a magazine in 88. So a long time coming!!!
So quick and dirty parts......so far.
Belltech 4/6 drop with street performer shocks.
Cowl hood
Metal rollpan
And tailgate handle relocater.
XD Rockstar 2 wheels (don't hate me for "brodozer" style wheels...it will make sense eventually)
Toyo proxi 3 tires.
Went with 17x8's and 235/50/17's.
Still have to source some mirrors, passenger door and probably fender.
Gonna need a new grill shell as well.
Stopped by woman's work today, a salvage yard, talked to parts lady and they will keep an eye out for a 6.0, 4L80e for me. It's tough when everything is 4x4 up here!!!
So it's going to be a thrash weekend coming up, thankfully 3 days, because the kid at the tire shop wouldn't take my $$$ until he's sure they fit nice.
And the wheels should be here sometime next week hopefully.
So ya......here we go!!!! Well, friday when I get home. Can't wait....I can assure you there will be a few tears of joy when it comes off the jackstands!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What style mirrors are you after? The first style or the revision on the 95 (I think) trucks? I’ve got a set of chrome mirrors that are mint. If you want them, they’re yours - just cover shipping.
Looking for 454ss or the 95+. Chrome has no home in my world!!!! Lol
Thanks for the offer.
My boy has a bud that has a 1/2 dozen obs's for parts, hopefully grab a set off him

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for 454ss or the 95+. Chrome has no home in my world!!!! Lol
Thanks for the offer.
My boy has a bud that has a 1/2 dozen obs's for parts, hopefully grab a set off him
Gotcha. I don’t blame you. I don’t mind those mirrors but always upgrade to the other style. The 454SS mirrors are good, I just worry they wouldn’t be great for my needs on my ECLB.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha. I don’t blame you. I don’t mind those mirrors but always upgrade to the other style. The 454SS mirrors are good, I just worry they wouldn’t be great for my needs on my ECLB.
They would definitely look out of place that's for sure!!!! I think the 95+ even look odd on a RCSB. And who doesn't love a 454SS?!?!?!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in such a rage right now!!!!
Ordered all new control arms with bearings and seals for the fron end from the "big N" on Tuesday, said I'd pick them up today on my way back to my hometown.
Call this morning to see if everything is in, said 2 arms are still not in, then she wanted me to confirm what I ordered.....she says not for a 4x4??? Hars no on that!!!! The kid input K1500 instead of C1500 for the arms and then C1500 for bearings!!!!! What the hell!!! And I made sure I told him twice it was 2wd. Said they would try and work some magic.
Called the "big B" in my hometown, the have 3 of the 4 an hour away, should be there by the time I get to town. And the 4th is 4hrs away should hopefully be there tomorrow sometime.
Aaaaaaaaargh!!!! Hopefully this is the only hiccup for this mission ....but I've seen Apolo 13 enough to know better!!!!

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, gonna be good watching.

Where about a in AB are you? I’ve got a set of street scene cal vu sport mirrors I’d part with. I bought them off a buddy who painted them (not very well) and he also painted the marker light leaving just a “slot” for the light to shine through they’ve never been mounted or used just painted
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the drama continues!!!!
Roll into town to grab 3/4 of my control arms......nope, not delivered yet. Imagine that.
Scheduled to show up 8:30/9:00, at least all 4 should be there.

Look on the shelf for a bearing install kit, they are a parts store right....wrong!!! Of course they can order one in, but now it's too late to bring one in from the city, be here Tuesday. Well that won't work. Head down to the other store, nope. Can order in a $450 one for tomorrow afternoon..... wrong answer bud!!!
Hail Mary store....no love there either.

Come home.... garage is a f'n disaster with a whole bunch of woman and kids crap.
Go for a smoke with the dog, at least she's happy to see me!!

Look online at one of the big chain store, 2 stores have install kits, but each and hour away.
And I just drove and hour home from within 10-15 min of each of them, really didn't feel like doubling back. Text daughter who lives near the stores and is coming out tomorrow with her old man, for Thanksgiving (Canada eh) and for him to give me a hand pulling wrenches. She is on her way as I type this to grab a kit. FML!!!
So I'm now on my couch, stiff drink in hand. Days done. Tomorrow will start early enough....can't see what challenges it brings!!!
And ya......you would think finding a brass drift would be easy.....you would be wrong. Had to order that as well!!!!
Sorry for the ramble/rant!