Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll all be worth it in the end, when she's good n low like you've always wanted!
Oh brother....you "can't even" as my kids would say!!! Lol

Oh.....I forgot about the wheel drama!!! Entirely my fault, but a somewhat happy ending.
So....I ordered Rockstar 2 wheels. Saw them only in the catalog at the tire shop. Looked cool. Get home, look em up and aaaaaagh!!! I didn't realize that they were not a solid spoke, it's some kind of insert coming off. But then I noticed that you can get different ones, colors etc. So they just unscrew. So I i reached out to XD and ask if I can run them without the inserts or are they "structural". Was confirmed I can run without them. So they will look just like a five star. Which I always liked the "Prime" 5 stars from back in the day.
And daughter just confirmed bearing install kit is in her car!!!! Whoopwhoop!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some days are just not meant to happen the way we plan, put your feet up and try again tomorrow.
Ya....I'm trying so hard not to freak out anymore than I already have today. Coworkers heard all about it.... sorry Donny!!! Lol
Ya... going to enjoy a evening with woman and kids, have a few wobbly pops and relax.
Tomorrow is another day.
Been waiting a long, LONG time to do this. I know there is bound to be "learning opportunities". But y'all here will be helpful for sure.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya....I'm trying so hard not to freak out anymore than I already have today. Coworkers heard all about it.... sorry Donny!!! Lol
Ya... going to enjoy a evening with woman and kids, have a few wobbly pops and relax.
Tomorrow is another day.
Been waiting a long, LONG time to do this. I know there is bound to be "learning opportunities". But y'all here will be helpful for sure.
It's hard when you are this close. I have been collecting parts over winter and now the weather is fining up I am overwhelmed with work orders. My truck is parked in my driveway, right outside my workshop and when it's warm I open the roller door and I am only 8ft away from it but can't stop to work on it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright....let's fill y'all in on today's festivities.
You must be registered for see images attach
so here's the old icky stuff.
blocked up for safety, wasn't feeling the jackstands.
"pro tip" for the day. Unless you have a better idea for UCA's, take the inner fender out. We fought for way too long to get the old nut off the cab side, and even longer trying to put the new Belltech alignment bolts in. So our they came. WAY friggin easier. Right way, don't know....but it worked for us.
73 year old dad under there getting it done.
Future ex son in law (humor there, good kid) working on the wheel bearings.

every thing all buttoned up on drivers side....I think. Bolted the wheel up and realized I didn't install the friggin shock!!!! Lol. It's there now.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is how she looks jacked up as much as it will go before lifting off the blocking.

So, it was a heck of a day. Dad showed up at 8:30, and we started tearing it apart.
Ran to get 3/8" allen wrench socket thingy for the brake calipers. They had all my arms, bearings and seals in, this was 10ish, so all good there.

Had to make a run (multiple actually) for big a$$ sockets, and had to grab new outer tie rods cuz the "old" ones didn't survive my dad's removal technique I guess. And they actually had them in the back, so win! Lol

The son in law started taking the passenger side off after doing the bearings. Oh ya....the brass drifts I ordered yesterday"missed the truck " for delivery today, imagine that. So I took a chance and used a steel drift....no drama just bearing races hitting the floor. And then 10min before the parts stores all closed, kid brakes a lower shock bolt.... fudge. So on yet another socket run, I grab a couple of bolts that will work for now, same size, just a grade below. So I'll end up getting 4 new ones next week.

Speaking of shocks.....what a PITA getting them off!!!! Whoever came up with that system deserves a beatdown!!! Ended up using a small pipe wrench to hold the shaft while we spun it off. But the new one I didn't even have to hold the shaft, it just tightened down nice. Then put the jamnut on, easy peasy.

So as of now, passenger side is 75% disassembled, I'm on my second drink. Dad's returning tomorrow morning and we will continue this journey. It "should" be a bit easier as we learned some things on the other side.
The biggest challenge in store is putting the inner fender back on that side as the son in law did it, bolts everywhere!!!!! And he's not returning tomorrow. So see how it goes.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ya.... forgot about this discovery!!!!
When I pulled the drivers inner fender, this rolled on out, was very confused.

then opened the door a while later.
appears I need new door pins and bushings!!!!!