3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you have fixed it make sure to lube it well when sliding it back together. Aluminium likes to stick to itself. That damage looks like it has been getting locked up and twisting the base section as the lid closes instead of rotating at the hinge point.
Great info. I’ve got some lubriplate that is pretty durable and isn’t impacted by water. I think they make something even a bit more durable than that.

Either that or wheel bearing grease.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had an epiphany. There is a section of brake line on the rear axle that I think is sitting higher than the wheel cylinder. Air is trapped in there.

Dealer is gonna have a good laugh at that. Now it’s less of the wallet wrench and more of the stupid tax.

Edit:
Found a photo of the culprit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Just had an epiphany. There is a section of brake line on the rear axle that I think is sitting higher than the wheel cylinder. Air is trapped in there.

Dealer is gonna have a good laugh at that. Now it’s less of the wallet wrench and more of the stupid tax.

Edit:
Found a photo of the culprit.
You must be registered for see images attach
My 0.02 here, I don't see that as a major issue for bleeding. If you can get fluid flow, you should be able to get the air pocket out without too much trouble.

Essentially all of the brake lines are above the wheel cylinders. Perhaps I'm wrong on this. If so, I'll change my opinion.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Essentially all of the brake lines are above the wheel cylinders. Perhaps I'm wrong on this. If so, I'll change my opinion.
I get what you’re saying. I was thinking because it comes down from the frame, to the drop hose, to the axle, from there it goes back up (incorrectly) above the axle, then eventually falls into place to follow the axle tube that that is incorrect.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
May pose a challenge but I'd not expect it to be more than what a good bleed couldn't clear out. I have a few ideas in mind I'd try if it were in my drive (starting with blocking the rear drop hose with a clamp to isolate it for feel if that axle line is the suspect).

Regardless, hopefully they get it 100% and don't make it too painful of a hit to the wallet.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never crossed my mind, and I hope I didn't come across that way either. To be honest, I hope I'm wrong in my thought on it and they get it right in an hour of time.
You’re good. We’ll see. How’s the doghouse going? Who will have their ‘94 K2500 “done” first? Me or you!