How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
frames are the same beside a few things they house a bigger front end better torshin bars better springs and different upper and lower a arms also...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
are the rear of the frames any wider on the 3/4 ton that seems really thin on my truck

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference between a 1500 and a 2500 frame is the thickness of the material. And the front suspension has different mounting points for the different diff/a-arms.

Yep. I forget the difference in GVW rating of a light duty 2500 (or 1500HD, depending on the year) and heavy duty (8 lug) 2500 , but they had the same rear axle (14sf) and rear suspension. The difference in weight ratings was the construct of the frame. I think there was over 1000 lbs difference, which wouldn't be because of heavier front suspension, I'm sure.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it hauls all of that no problem I am just wondering if their is any other crazy's in here like me, the tags say no overhead campers because of the gvw. 2000 # thats alot, 80 psi what size tires???

No I will never put an overhead camper in a half ton. there is a good reason they say DONT USE OVERHEAD CAMPER..

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Whats the deal with boxing a frame? My uncle told me I should do it to mine but I dont know much about it?