ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see this progress over time :waytogo:

If I get an the 97 or any OBS anytime soon, she won't get much love. I love this thing but I've wanted a 4x4 to work on and the OBS is my favorite body style. If this truck was 4x4, I wouldn't even be looking for another truck lol

Never know... Your tail pipe may be tighter ;)

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Ok, I really need a toolbox. I have a lot of things junking up my can that should be in a toolbox. So I have a dilemma. I can't mount the toolbox I have. One of the holes for the bolts got sprayed over when the bedliner was put in. I don't have a drill or anything to punch through it. Any suggestions? Worse case scenario, I go get one of those clamp sets they have at like Walmart to clamp it to the bed

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The bedliner shouldn't be hard to get through. Got a buddy with a drill? Got a hammer and punch?

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
The bedliner shouldn't be hard to get through. Got a buddy with a drill? Got a hammer and punch?

I have a hammer but our toolbox is still at our old place. Would any thing sharp and rigid work? I wanna get the toolbox on and bedline it or plastidip it. (It's fugly from age)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah if you know where the hole is just shove somthing through the bedliner it should be easy

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yah if you know where the hole is just shove somthing through the bedliner it should be easy

I'll work on that tomorrow and see where I get. Maybe get some plastidip as well and start painting it. Thanks for the help, didn't wanna try to shove something through and have to drill

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
How many cans should I get? I'll probably need at least 2 for my toolbox. I also wanna black out the bow tie and trim on either side of it. May also experiment painting other places
Plasti dip? I used one full can for a grille so 2 should be ok