2001 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Daily Driver Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm finally going to fix this disaster right here.

Instead of trying to booger weld it back together (Someone's already tried to) I cut this piece out of a junkyard truck.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uh Oh, this repair worked too well.

No wind noise or rattles from the door, but I can't just leave it this way.

This thing isn't a beater, I got to fix it right (Maybe I'll lap weld this piece over the existing situation and make the repair stronger?).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone's ass is going to be kicked.

The car wash scratched my Blazer, and I'm going to make damn sure they pay for it.

Apparently the manager isn't there, so I got to come back tomorrow.

The scratches on the roof might buff out, but that spot on the door is down to primer.

It may seem like I'm overreacting a bit, but this truck was truly mint before this happened.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, kinda my fault for going to one, but these aren't just swirl mark's, this is some actual damage.
All it takes is one small rock caught in the brushes or even a loose piece of hardware. Sorry it happened to you. I would be shocked if they paid for it. Hope they do for your sake.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All it takes is one small rock caught in the brushes or even a loose piece of hardware. Sorry it happened to you. I would be shocked if they paid for it. Hope they do for your sake.
Yeah, I'm at least going to try to get them to pay for it. Maybe I'll open a civil case against them just out of spite.

One of my buddies did that once in a similar property damage situation. Once the company got served they just cut him a check because since they didn't want to deal with it.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the door jamb fixed, now all I've got to do is paint it (the welds look so nice that I don't think I'm gonna bother with any filler).

I'm not this good of a welder obviously, I paid a fabrication shop to do this ($130).

I also slotted the wholes on the striker in order go gain some adjustment.