2001 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Daily Driver Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a new daily driver for a while now.
You must be registered for see images attach

The 'Ol Busurban is nice and all, but it's high miles and not the best on gas. With all the driving I plan to do this year (Storm Chasing) I need something a little smaller.

So I came up with this, which is quite possible the cleanest S10 Blazer in the state of Illinois.

It's got just under 150k on it, new brakes all around, and a good transmission (I've blown up enough 4l60E's to be able to tell when one's actually been taken care of well).

It does of course need some little things including some vacuum lines, a distributor (runs perfectly fine, the plastic bushing is just worn put causing it to rattle).

I also want to do some modifications like changing out the front end to the '94-'97 style with sealed beam headlights (kinda like what I did to the suburban). It may also get a manual swap at some point.

Anyways, I'm posting this here since it seems that the S10 forum is mostly dead.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any rust around the CHMSL? I’ve seen both 2dr and 4dr S10 Blazers rust through, there, which then turns into a leak.

What’s the rear gear, 3.73?

Post a picture of the RPO list.

This was my 1995 2dr pictured in Oct 2018, I gave it to a friend in Springfield (IL) in 2021.

Last edited:

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any rust around the CHMSL? I’ve seen both 2dr and 4dr S10 Blazers rust through, there, which then turns into a leak.

This was my 1995 2dr pictured in Oct 2018, I gave it to a friend in Springfield (IL) in 2021.

Not a spec of rust.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I changed the oil, threw the new distributor in, and washed the truck today.

It definitely could use a coat of wax, but it body is just exceptional.

I might try to get a junkyard seat for it though.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a new daily driver for a while now.

The 'Ol Busurban is nice and all, but it's high miles and not the best on gas. With all the driving I plan to do this year (Storm Chasing) I need something a little smaller.

So I came up with this, which is quite possible the cleanest S10 Blazer in the state of Illinois.

It's got just under 150k on it, new brakes all around, and a good transmission (I've blown up enough 4l60E's to be able to tell when one's actually been taken care of well).

It does of course need some little things including some vacuum lines, a distributor (runs perfectly fine, the plastic bushing is just worn put causing it to rattle).

I also want to do some modifications like changing out the front end to the '94-'97 style with sealed beam headlights (kinda like what I did to the suburban). It may also get a manual swap at some point.

Anyways, I'm posting this here since it seems that the S10 forum is mostly dead.
Really clean blazer, what mpg do these average?, I like the Driver Info Centers that these came with and am going to need a new daily in a year as my C2500 is going to be frame swapped and built.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice! Super clean! Is that a heated drivers seat?

I've always liked those bubble body blazers, I had a 2001 ZR2 in high school and after, and I have a 2002 4-door winter beater now also. As far as gas mileage, they can get 18-22mpg stock and with some easy upgrades they can be 22-25mpg highway.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

She's got tags now, and wow, this thing might be too nice to take storm chasing.

I'm going to try and avoid hail the best I can, so no punching the core (Sometimes it can't be helped though).

If it does get destroyed by hail, I just happen to know someone who happens to fix this sort of thing as their day job (me).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, so it got destroyed by hail, but I just happen to know someone who repairs stuff like this for a living.

(You can barely see the dings).
It got under a gas station canopy just in the nick of time, but some sideways 3/4 inch hail put a few dings in it (a few hours of work for me to pull them out).

In other news, I did a carfax report on the vehicle finally, and it was very encouraging. Same original owner for over 20 years, serviced religiously at the dealer, and this tells me that it probably had a new transmission put in by AAMACO at 64,000 miles.

Though it doesn't look like the fluid has been changed in the 84k since then, so I'm probably going to do that soon (if this causes the trans to fail, I guess the truck is getting a 5 speed).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sorry that I forgot to answer your question, no rust that I can see.