2006 Silverado Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestlty....the GMT800's are the best series of trucks Chevy ever made...I said it. I've had quite a few 400's and quite a few 800's and in my opinion, the 800's are better in every category...except rust resistance.
My favourite part about my 01 Yukon is how the rear seat fold fully flat as I camp out of it. I also like the braking system, better stereo and sunroof. Did the GMT-400 Yukons have a sunroof option?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know that one reason I would sell my 2005 Tahoe Z71, is the sun roof. I never ever ever open it and do not care to. I have done the needed maintenance and lubed the seals and cleaned out the drains and it does not leak a drop, but I am waiting for the time. I want so bad to own another 2000 to 2006 Tahoe or Yukon, preferably with a 6.0 engine with the Yukon and no sun roof. Be even better with barn doors.

I gotta agree with @DirtBag about the GMT800 trucks but also owned 2 GMT 400 trucks that were rock solid and my girl's 1990 K2500 is great.

Any of the GM engines that came before the AFM crap, is fine with me.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Honestlty....the GMT800's are the best series of trucks Chevy ever made...I said it. I've had quite a few 400's and quite a few 800's and in my opinion, the 800's are better in every category...except rust resistance.

I know that one reason I would sell my 2005 Tahoe Z71, is the sun roof. I never ever ever open it and do not care to. I have done the needed maintenance and lubed the seals and cleaned out the drains and it does not leak a drop, but I am waiting for the time. I want so bad to own another 2000 to 2006 Tahoe or Yukon, preferably with a 6.0 engine with the Yukon and no sun roof. Be even better with barn doors.

I gotta agree with @DirtBag about the GMT800 trucks but also owned 2 GMT 400 trucks that were rock solid and my girl's 1900 K2500 is great.

Any of the GM engines that cam before the AFM crap, is fine with me.

I loved my '05 Z71 Tahoe and actually regret selling it. In reality I should have kept it to use for winter duty. From what my neighbor that bought it said, its getting close to rolling over 300,000 miles. Sunroof never gave me any problems, but I also didn't use it.

I think both the GMT 400 & 800 platforms have their own place. I love both and think both are some of the last well built vehicles from GM. I'm going to be looking most like for a Suburban in the fall to use as a winter beater for that reason.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am searching for what I listed above or a Suburban or XL 2500. Always looking.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I siliconed my 2003 tahoe sunroof closed just cause I never used it and was always in the mud so didn't want to chance pressure washer blowing thru the seal.
But I do love the 800 trucks. I've got a few of them and don't like a single thing about any of the new trucks. So I'll be keeping my old beaters and put a few dollars in them as needed.