Daily Driver K2500 Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Funny story, my neighbor from the other end of the subdivision walked over the other day after my wife mentioned at work I was selling my Tahoe. He paid me cash on the spot without thinking twice, just looked at it and said he wanted it and off it went.

I’ve wanted a ‘99-00 crew cab for quite some time, but could never find anything nearby that wasn’t rotted from the salt. I was going to just look into another Tahoe or Yukon, but came across this on the crew cab page on FB.

It’s a 2000 with the 5.7 and obviously 4L80 with a hair over 237,000 miles. It was originally an Arkansas truck, but came to Michigan a few years back. It’s been used like a truck with its share of scratches and dents, but it’s solid. Guy I bought it from installed the 6” RCD lift and wheels/tires, but the previous owner installed Pacesetter longtubes into 3” exhaust to dual Magnaflows. It actually isn’t terrible. The interior needs some work, mostly the seats along with some other odds and ends. At the end of the day, I love the truck and my wife fell in love with it when it rolled into the driveway. This will be my daily now that my red ‘98 is going under the knife.

Here’s my thread on the ‘98
Dad’s ‘98

Here’s a few photos for now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cool truck, neat to see a CCSB since they're not as common as the long beds. And the CCLB isn't that common....
I see yours has the "tore up" option on the leather buckets like my Burb. I'm glad my crew cab has cloth seats; the split bench is actually pretty comfortable.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Cool truck, neat to see a CCSB since they're not as common as the long beds. And the CCLB isn't that common....
I see yours has the "tore up" option on the leather buckets like my Burb. I'm glad my crew cab has cloth seats; the split bench is actually pretty comfortable.

Yea I wasn’t too worried about the seats. That southern heat kills seats and dashboards (it’s cracked). I’ve been pricing out seat foam and leather covers on the seat shop. My ‘98 has cloth seats and they’ve stood up to time very well.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I love having trucks with interchangeable parts lol. Swapped my tonneau cover over from my ‘98 today.

Counting down the time until my ‘98 goes under the knife. In the meantime, I have to make a parts run this week to the junkyard for front seats & gauge cluster for the 2000 and a OEM grille and grille filler panel for my ‘98 plus some other small parts for both trucks.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Went to the U Pull It yard yesterday in hopes of grabbing some seats, gauge cluster, and other odds and ends. I struck out for the most part, but managed to snag a cluster out of a ‘99 Tahoe, as well as A/C knobs, a cigarette lighter since mine was missing, and other miscellaneous screws/bolts and plastic trim tabs.

Photo I took with my new door parts for my ‘98.