ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, since I'm not having a whole lot of luck finding a gmt400 in my price range, I've decided to start building my 2001 1500 2wd. The trucks been in the family since it was new. My dad drove it up until last year when he gave me the keys and left a month later. I've put well over 15k miles on it and it sits at 283k at the moment. The engine was rebuilt before I got it and a new transmission was put in over the summer. I have a small little list of things I want to do:

De badge but leave side moldings

3 in. body lift and level

True duel exhaust

New wheels (I'm thinking 17 methods)

Some 33s maybe duratracs

HD front end conversion (after body lift)

HIDs and maybe HALO projectors, not sure

Color match the HD grill

New tails or candy the currents

Cab lights or lighted visor

Maybe a winch TAG bumper

In the distant future, 454 swap and repaint

How sits currently;
You must be registered for see images

Please ignore the stick on gas cover, it's off now and I put the chrome bed rails on because I can't mount the tool box, spray in bed liner has closed up all the places the bolts go and I don't have a drill

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Could someone do a quick chop of some of the mods Im thinking about? I really wanna see a real picture of it instead of picturing it in my head

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You wouldn't mind telling me the width of your toolbox would you? I'm shopping for one and wasn't sure of the dimensions for the '99-'07 trucks.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
This truck looks familiar! My dad also drove his 01 2WD until last year and then gave me the keys. 285k miles, factory EVERYTHING. Definitely subbing this build thread.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
This truck looks familiar! My dad also drove his 01 2WD until last year and then gave me the keys. 285k miles, factory EVERYTHING. Definitely subbing this build thread.

Lol, thanks! My first truck was an 81 C10 rustbucket (badass truck) but this is definitely an upgrade. All of my plans total out to about 2k and Im picking up some subs after school today. Who knows, maybe after I swap a 454 in it :naughty:and put some more suspension work into it, Ill dive into the wonderful world of 4x4 conversion

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't mind telling me the width of your toolbox would you? I'm shopping for one and wasn't sure of the dimensions for the '99-'07 trucks.

Alright so from one end to the other (across the bed) the tool box is about 5ft 11 inches. From front to back (the sides facing the cab and tailgate) it was roughly 1ft 11 inches. The curves in the lid made it a little difficult to get an accurate measure but it's very close. Also yay, subs!

All they need is an amp and to be wired. By the way, does anyone know how to get these things wired? Usually I can look at something and figure it out but I can't figure this out for the life of me

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Also, I can't figure out what amp to get. They're Punch P1s of some kind. 12 inch subs. Individually they're rated for 300watt but I don't know if that's different for two together?

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Also, I can't figure out what amp to get. They're Punch P1s of some kind. 12 inch subs. Individually they're rated for 300watt but I don't know if that's different for two together?

Nice subs! I have two punch 10's in my backseat. I'm working a shift right now but if no one gets back to you I'll check what my amp is.