ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Checked on the grille and it was dry but had a few bubbles. Pushed down on them until they were flat and then gave it another coat. Gonna let it sit until tomorrow and see how it looks. I think it's gonna look pretty good though. I'm proud of myself, first time I've done anything like this

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
What happened to it

It was done drying on the grille so I went to put the grille on. I couldn't get my passenger side headlamp to go back in and when I looked down, I had scraped big gouges into the bedliner. I couldn't fix it with the amount of bedliner I had left so I just stripped it off and put another coat on the bow tie

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Not the same angle but you can see the difference. It looks pretty good. Bow tie actually has a small blemish but it's good for the first time I've tried it

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So it creaks when I brake sometimes. It looks and feels like it's coming from the drivers side front. About two weeks ago, I pulled into a parking lot and only that wheel hit a bump. The floorboard shook and a loud thud came from under the truck. It drives fine and the ride isn't noticeably worse but the creaking in the front is starting to worry me. Any ideas? I'll get under the truck tomorrow to look for anything out of place

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgm8W7Oml1U
If anyone's interested in the truck I had before, here it is! 82 Custom Deluxe, 350, automatic with a floor shifter. It was a beast held together by rust and zip ties lol

That sounds awesome! I always love it when motors have a loping sound to them. (When they're supposed to at least)