ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome! I always love it when motors have a loping sound to them. (When they're supposed to at least)

It was bad, woke the whole neighborhood up when I would start it up. Scared people who passed me cause I would rev the engine. They would always jump and speed up

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
It was really loud in the cab but because it had a hole in the floor board under the gas pedal lol. It wouldn't have been nearly as loud if I patched it before we sold it

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
It was really loud in the cab but because it had a hole in the floor board under the gas pedal lol. It wouldn't have been nearly as loud if I patched it before we sold it

I straight piped a buddy's jeep with a downpipe right under the passenger seat. just a cat no muffler. The radiator cracked and he had to drive his dad's truck up to Maine when we went up. His dad drove the jeep up like a week later, and all I heard when i came to his place was his dad complaining about how loud it was :rotflmao:

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Lol that's awesome. The first day it came home, my parents told me to go outside and wait. I heard what I thought was thunder. Turns out it was my truck turning into the neighborhood half a mile away

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I've done anything to the truck. Hell, it's been over a month since I've even seen it. My mom wanted to keep it at the house and get some stuff fixed on it before it came up to college with me. Well I was talking to my cousin on the phone and she said that my truck might not even come up with my family during the family weekend that's in a couple of weeks. She said something's gotta be fixed that's gonna cost over $700 and my mom can't afford it. All I can think is what did somebody break? Because it was running and driving fine last time I drove it. Last picture I took of the odometer:
You must be registered for see images

It's got a couple thousand more on it now, this was about 3 months ago

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I've done anything to the truck. Hell, it's been over a month since I've even seen it. My mom wanted to keep it at the house and get some stuff fixed on it before it came up to college with me. Well I was talking to my cousin on the phone and she said that my truck might not even come up with my family during the family weekend that's in a couple of weeks. She said something's gotta be fixed that's gonna cost over $700 and my mom can't afford it. All I can think is what did somebody break? Because it was running and driving fine last time I drove it. Last picture I took of the odometer:
You must be registered for see images

Your mom sounds just like my girlfriends mom lol

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score

Either someone broke something on your truck, or they are doing something nice for you (Surprise!); based on my family though, I would assume someone broke something.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Either someone broke something on your truck, or they are doing something nice for you (Surprise!); based on my family though, I would assume someone broke something.

Your mom sounds just like my girlfriends mom lol

Yeah, I'm pretty sure something broke. Only thing my mom would do to it for me is exhaust and I don't know what kind of exhaust she'd be getting done for over $700. I just hope that it's good enough to get up here by the weekend of Oct 4th

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Haven't updated this in forever. I sold the topper last week. Got some goo-gone and 2 larger cans of bedliner. I plan to demold and debadge, bedliner the bumpers and grille and the backs of the mirrors. There won't be any chrome as long as things go well. I'm thinking about pulling the valence off but I'm not sure how it'll look