ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Nothing really to update here. Truck got a complete facelift back in May. New coat of paint, fixed the runners because they were apparently rusting pretty bad. New grille and lamps all around. Window motors and seat motors fixed and new windshield. My uncle covered it all, said with everything my mom had to deal with, she deserved a nice looking truck. Don't have too many pictures but I'll see what I can find. Nevermind, I took pictures but they seem to have purged themselves

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I've returned to post some updates. About a month after I posted this, my grandfather passed. After my dad left when I was in highschool, my grandfather was the closest thing I had to a father figure. We talked about fast cars, nice trucks, fishing, idiots my little sister dated and what we needed to get done around the yard. He was a big figure in my life and it took us a while to reset and get back to semi normal after. My mom started driving his truck and mine started to sit. They'd use it as a beater, to haul trash and other stuff but it mostly sat. So I brought it back to Raleigh a couple weeks ago. It's got a few things I need to do but it feels good to be behind the wheel of something that isn't that Xterra. Not many plans besides get all the little maintenance things done and enjoy driving it again

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was being used as a beater I think you have rescued it just in time. It will be a great truck again.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the same truck.
I spent a many hours in it driving and towing all over the place. It's got 350k miles on it now.
Had heads cam 6.0 with turbo and 4l80e. It was my favorite truck. Would suprise them folks at the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I'm tossing up some ideas in my head for the truck. I don't want to go crazy, my mod-tastes have been dialed way back. So I can't really decide between just leveling it or getting a small suspension lift. Something to just get it off the ground a little. I also want duel exhaust in the future but I haven't decided what route I want to take with that. So what do you guys think? Level it or get a small suspension lift?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm tossing up some ideas in my head for the truck. I don't want to go crazy, my mod-tastes have been dialed way back. So I can't really decide between just leveling it or getting a small suspension lift. Something to just get it off the ground a little. I also want duel exhaust in the future but I haven't decided what route I want to take with that. So what do you guys think? Level it or get a small suspension lift?

The way I look at it, i would put a suspension lift if I was going to do some offroading. And a level lift (or even a bodylift) if I wanted it just a little higher. IMO, a level and some more aggressive looking tires/wheels would really set it off :)

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it, i would put a suspension lift if I was going to do some offroading. And a level lift (or even a bodylift) if I wanted it just a little higher. IMO, a level and some more aggressive looking tires/wheels would really set it off :)
That's exactly what I was thinking with the look. Something to make it look more aggressive and get it off the ground a little

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Hey man! Haven't been on here in a while. I'm real sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

Truck is looking good! I think I'd either level it out by lifting the front just a hair to match the rear... Or drop the rear to match the front.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Hey man! Haven't been on here in a while. I'm real sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

Truck is looking good! I think I'd either level it out by lifting the front just a hair to match the rear... Or drop the rear to match the front.
What's going on, man? Thank you for both the condolences and compliment. Yeah, I'm thinking lift the front honestly. I do like the lowered look, maybe not slammed. But I'd honestly rather have it a little higher than a little lower

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk