ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've got a bit of a concern. Nothing huge, but it's idling a bit rough. Not sound wise but I can physically feel it. It'll idle smooth then this weird like vibration hits for a bit. It loops the entire time the truck is parked and idling. It never smooths out. The spark plugs and spark plug wires have been hanged recently and it has new belts. It needs an tensioner pulley but I don't think that's what's causing it. It idled rough for a while when the exhaust manifold gasket went and I had to replace that. But it smoothed out for a while. I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Sent while pulling out a Ford

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've got a bit of a concern. Nothing huge, but it's idling a bit rough. Not sound wise but I can physically feel it. It'll idle smooth then this weird like vibration hits for a bit. It loops the entire time the truck is parked and idling. It never smooths out. The spark plugs and spark plug wires have been hanged recently and it has new belts. It needs an tensioner pulley but I don't think that's what's causing it. It idled rough for a while when the exhaust manifold gasket went and I had to replace that. But it smoothed out for a while. I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Is it shooting any codes? What condition are the cap and rotor in?

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Is it shooting any codes? What condition are the cap and rotor in?

I don't have a scanner to see if it's throwing any codes :bawl: I'm not sure, I haven't really looked at them recently. The last time I had the hood popped, everything looked fine but things can always change or I may have missed something. It's not like mirror rattling rough but you can feel it in the seat and if I have a drink, you can see the ripples

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a scanner to see if it's throwing any codes :bawl: I'm not sure, I haven't really looked at them recently. The last time I had the hood popped, everything looked fine but things can always change or I may have missed something. It's not like mirror rattling rough but you can feel it in the seat and if I have a drink, you can see the ripples

I get what your saying. It drops so low, the truck starts shuttering

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Well the amp just shipped, should be seeing it on Saturday. If I get this thing cleaned by then, I should be able to get everything set up installed the same day

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Pics from today. Used some tire shine on my wheels and tires. I was a bit skeptical but it definitely made it look better. I also need to plastidip my grill soon, the "chrome" is peeling off :bawl: and I've been riding around for about a week with a bed full of fence parts. Building a pen for a pig this weekend. Good thing I have spray in bed liner, otherwise it would be sliding around like crazy