ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order. SSL EV2.1000 EVOLUTION 1000-watts 2-8ohm is the amp I ordered. I hope its a good one because I had to keep it relatively cheap :beatdeadhorse5:

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So did a little more digging and based off all the reviews, its a good middle of the road amp. Some people hate it (mostly people who cant figure it out) and others love it. I figure, Ill try to set it up and if I cant figure it out on my own, take it to the local audio shop and have them wire it all up for me. They wont be able to charge me for parts :deal:

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
So did a little more digging and based off all the reviews, its a good middle of the road amp. Some people hate it (mostly people who cant figure it out) and others love it. I figure, Ill try to set it up and if I cant figure it out on my own, take it to the local audio shop and have them wire it all up for me. They wont be able to charge me for parts :deal:

Good luck dude, let us know how it turns out. Where are you planning on putting your Subs?

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Good luck dude, let us know how it turns out. Where are you planning on putting your Subs?

Until I get a box to fit under my back seat, they're gonna have to live in the seat. I may lose 2 seats but it's temporary. With Christmas coming up soon, I'm hoping to get some stuff to give her a face lift. I mainly want new front end lenses, HIDs and tows. If I can get Spyder auto tails and cab lights, I'll install them too. I really want to turn it into a beast. Eventually upgrade the gears, motor, transmission, suspension, etc. And, if she's still kicking when I'm in my 30s and have a decent budget to work with, 4x4 conversion

Sent while pulling out a Ford

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Until I get a box to fit under my back seat, they're gonna have to live in the seat. I may lose 2 seats but it's temporary. With Christmas coming up soon, I'm hoping to get some stuff to give her a face lift. I mainly want new front end lenses, HIDs and tows. If I can get Spyder auto tails and cab lights, I'll install them too. I really want to turn it into a beast. Eventually upgrade the gears, motor, transmission, suspension, etc. And, if she's still kicking when I'm in my 30s and have a decent budget to work with, 4x4 conversion

4x4 IFS, or SAS? I'm looking at doing a 12 valve swap and SAS when I graduate.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
All depending on if it's still around, it may die before then. If it is still around, Id probably do IFS because I wouldn't be doing anything crazy with it

Don't think i've ever heard of someone doing a 2wd to 4wd IFS swap, most people jump straight into solid axles. More power to you, but you may need to beef up the IFS if you plan on lifting it significantly.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Don't think i've ever heard of someone doing a 2wd to 4wd IFS swap, most people jump straight into solid axles. More power to you, but you may need to beef up the IFS if you plan on lifting it significantly.

It all depends on how things are when that point comes in the future. I may just jump straight into SAS or it may stay 2wd and I get a 4x4 toy. Or I may hit one of the million deer that cross the roads at night around here and get a 4x4 with the insurance money lol

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
It all depends on how things are when that point comes in the future. I may just jump straight into SAS or it may stay 2wd and I get a 4x4 toy. Or I may hit one of the million deer that cross the roads at night around here and get a 4x4 with the insurance money lol

Yeah I know what it's like with a million deer, we were coming back from a call last night and one jumped in front of our ambulance. We missed him but that would've been bad to explain. "Dear chief..."