ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Great truck, my favorite GM pickups are that gen 99-03.

And if you're looking for more power - just go with a nice 6.0 swap. :) Easy swap in that truck, and easy to get a ton of power out of.

I wasn't sure what motor to go with because I went from race truck to building it into a 2wd monster. I also should mention I would like to get new gears for the rear end so I don't over work the motor with it having 283k miles and all

Sent while pulling out a Ford

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Got a chance to climb under the back seat and check out my amp. Its a Alpine MRP-M450. with two subs it pushes around 400 watts. 220 with a single sub. So that may be a good number to work around. With the aftermarket head unit in my truck its enough to vibrate the rear view mirror when the bass is boosted 100%. Normally gives enough to get a nice bump, but not so much that it's annoying.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to climb under the back seat and check out my amp. Its a Alpine MRP-M450. with two subs it pushes around 400 watts. 220 with a single sub. So that may be a good number to work around. With the aftermarket head unit in my truck its enough to vibrate the rear view mirror when the bass is boosted 100%. Normally gives enough to get a nice bump, but not so much that it's annoying.

Ok, cool. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Oh also I would like to add that I also want tows and I've decided on smoked head lights and turn signals with HIDs

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Oh also I would like to add that I also want tows and I've decided on smoked head lights and turn signals with HIDs

Tow mirrors were definitely one of the smartest things you can do. The increased size just makes it way easier to see everything, and the convex mirrors makes a good blind spot mirror.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Tow mirrors were definitely one of the smartest things you can do. The increased size just makes it way easier to see everything, and the convex mirrors makes a good blind spot mirror.

That'll honestly be the first thing I do. I'm gonna get all the small little things done first then go big. Also, this is pretty close to the look im going for. The wheels will be smaller and tires will be meatier but over all, it's really close
You must be registered for see images

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so from one end to the other (across the bed) the tool box is about 5ft 11 inches. From front to back (the sides facing the cab and tailgate) it was roughly 1ft 11 inches. The curves in the lid made it a little difficult to get an accurate measure but it's very close.

Awesome! Thanks for the measurements!

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Also, could anyone explain how to wire up the subs and amp? I know everyone and their brother can do it but I'm just starting really getting into modding and doing work myself and Id rather install it all myself and save some money