ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I'm sure somebody will chime in on how to hook it up, but if they don't I'll post tomorrow from a computer - I'm on my phone right now.
I'm sure if you google it some good info will come up - it's pretty easy.
Basically the blue wire on the back of your headunit goes to "remote" on your amp - this turns it on. Then you have your power wire to battery, get a good ground for the (-), then your rca inputs from your headunit go to it. You'll want to make sure you protect everything with a good fuse in your main power wire.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
There are tons of great videos on YouTube about installing sub's. Would definitely do some poking around, remember google is your best friend. I wouldn't jack about turning a wrench if it wasn't for google and forums like this one.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna poke around on Google but it's a little difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for because o bought the subs from someone at my school and didn't get a whole of info before driving off. I just know they're punch p1s and 12"

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I just want to kind of update the situation that has come around today. I have this build titled "Slow Build" because I am still in high school and I recently lost my job. It may be Christmas time before any real updates happen, unless I find some money making things to do around here. In lighter and friendlier news, the amp that The Baron mentioned may be in the mail soon!

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Another question, for the sake of making lists and plans, what would be better for running 33s? I was thinking 3 in body lift but Im not sure if thatll be enough. I also have my eye on 4.5" suspension lift that RC makes

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Another question, for the sake of making lists and plans, what would be better for running 33s? I was thinking 3 in body lift but Im not sure if thatll be enough. I also have my eye on 4.5" suspension lift that RC makes
You could get 285s under it with just a 3" body. Definitely not any bigger.

bomboi

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody will chime in on how to hook it up, but if they don't I'll post tomorrow from a computer - I'm on my phone right now.
I'm sure if you google it some good info will come up - it's pretty easy.
Basically the blue wire on the back of your headunit goes to "remote" on your amp - this turns it on. Then you have your power wire to battery, get a good ground for the (-), then your rca inputs from your headunit go to it. You'll want to make sure you protect everything with a good fuse in your main power wire.

^^^this is basically what you need to know^^^...just take your time and it always helps to have a buddy around
i wanted to say if you need all the wiring/connectors for the subs there is nothing better out there than this kit and it's everything you need in a box: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050I6KII/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
its pretty cheap and it is very good quality wire...way better than anything at walmart or auto parts stores IMO. I've installed at least 5 of these kits now so let me know if you have any issues installing