ChristGilley's 2001 Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know what it's like with a million deer, we were coming back from a call last night and one jumped in front of our ambulance. We missed him but that would've been bad to explain. "Dear chief..."

I've hit a goat with this truck doing 60 and it didn't do anything. But I'm pretty sure if I hit a deer going any faster then 35 and I'll be posting a new thread "RIP 2001 Chevy"

Sent while pulling out a Ford

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
I've hit a goat with this truck doing 60 and it didn't do anything. But I'm pretty sure if I hit a deer going any faster then 35 and I'll be posting a new thread "RIP 2001 Chevy"

Haha was the Goat okay!?!? In my hometown we had three peacock farms(like the bird, yes) and I've hit one or two.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Haha was the Goat okay!?!? In my hometown we had three peacock farms(like the bird, yes) and I've hit one or two.

Lol no, I was going 60-65. Poor thing probably died on impact. Let's put it this way, it was running across the road and after I hit it, he had made it about 30 ft past the shoulder

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So the Amazon shipping thing told me that the fuses and wiring kit werent shipped yet and were in transit. I got them yesterday. It still says they are in transit. The amp says its being processed for shipping. Yet its estimated delivery is tomorrow. My mind is being blown

bomboi

Reaction score
that happens to me a lot on amazon...what normally works is take the tracking # and copy/paste it onto the actual freight company's website (USPS.com, Fedex, UPS, etc)
you going to try and wire it up yourself? i say do it and im sure there are plenty of utubes you can watch if you're stumped

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
that happens to me a lot on amazon...what normally works is take the tracking # and copy/paste it onto the actual freight company's website (USPS.com, Fedex, UPS, etc)
you going to try and wire it up yourself? i say do it and im sure there are plenty of utubes you can watch if you're stumped

Im thinking about it. My only problem is gonna be figuring out how to get power to it. If I get stumped, I can always take it to the local audio place and pay them to do it

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Im thinking about it. My only problem is gonna be figuring out how to get power to it. If I get stumped, I can always take it to the local audio place and pay them to do it

From the battery, on top of the inner fender - down to the frame, zip tieing as you go on the frame, find a "knock out" plate near the rear seat, run the wire through there and into the cab, use a grommet and silicone for the knock out plate

OR

If your feeling ballzy, go through the firewall to get into the cab

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the battery, on top of the inner fender - down to the frame, zip tieing as you go on the frame, find a "knock out" plate near the rear seat, run the wire through there and into the cab, use a grommet and silicone for the knock out plate

OR

If your feeling ballzy, go through the firewall to get into the cab

Second option is the only way to go!