Year range for fan switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Electrical-switch and realy - blower motor switch I think, in that area anyways

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I'm 100% sure it's the switch cause all fan speeds work like they should but to get the A/C and Recirc lights to shut off and turn off the A/C compressor you have to fiddle with the fan speed switch in the off position

My A/C and Max lights sometimes stay on even when the switch is off on my '98. I just always thought it was quirky and just let it alone.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My A/C and Max lights sometimes stay on even when the switch is off on my '98. I just always thought it was quirky and just let it alone.

The only reason I noticed it I think is because the compressor would cycle (like normal) untill the light shut off, which when I got the truck worked just fine

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have some news to report.

I fixed mine without replacement. I took the switch itself apart and cleaned the copper plate and the contacts. It works like it should now :)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I bought one cause my fan wouldnt work at all. Got a resistor to while I was at it. It wound up being a wire that melted in two right behind that switch.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything except "off" worked on mine unless you played with the switch a little so I figure wth if I break the switch ill get a new one anyways :lol:

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm late, but I have a perfect working HVAC assy from my 96 if anyone wants it. $20 plus the ride.