Year range for fan switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok with my 97 K1500 the fan speed selector switch is going out. Now my question is, Do I have to find a whole different unit or can I just replace the switch itself? If I can replace just the switch, what years work? Also another thought is will a heater control unit work from a 97 suburban? the only difference I can see is it has a rear window defrost button (possible use for future tow mirrors)

Thanks

Paul

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
from what i understand from a buddy who changed his 95, the 95 was a oddball year and was different, 96-2000 were the same

you sure its the switch? 9 times out of 10 its the resistor pack

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I'm 100% sure it's the switch cause all fan speeds work like they should but to get the A/C and Recirc lights to shut off and turn off the A/C compressor you have to fiddle with the fan speed switch in the off position

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can replace just the switch. Rock auto carries them and they are not very expensive. Not even worth the hassle of tryin a JY one....

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got mine from autozone, in stock and cheap fix

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the Fan switch? If so I'll calll my local oreillys tomorrow and see if they have one. Thanks for the info guys

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
No I'm 100% sure it's the switch cause all fan speeds work like they should but to get the A/C and Recirc lights to shut off and turn off the A/C compressor you have to fiddle with the fan speed switch in the off position

hmmmm that is odd behavior, i wonder if there is just a bad solder joint in there or something dumb like that.

i did have a spare 97 controller around somewhere, i should hunt that down.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmmm that is odd behavior, i wonder if there is just a bad solder joint in there or something dumb like that.

i did have a spare 97 controller around somewhere, i should hunt that down.

It's not like I have to replace it but it just bugs the crap out of me when you turn it to OFF but it doesn't shut off completly.

Let me know if ya find it!