xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about done rebuilding transfer case. Replaced all bearings, snap rings, O-rings, and seals. New transfer case selector switch and vehicle speed sensor. New chain. New high/low shift fork. New pads on mode shift fork. New shift lever grommet. New extension housing. New thrust washers. New oil pump hose, O-ring, and screen. New synchronizer assembly. Finally, a Sonnax 100420-02K, transfer case split ring retainer.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Letting the sealant set for about 45 minutes on each joint before I torque the bolts fully.

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be doing this pretty soon, where did you get the parts for it and were you happy?
I’m shopping now.
Basically, majority of parts are genuine GM parts which I got mainly from GM Parts Giant, Amazon, and eBay from various sellers selling NOS GM parts. A couple parts I could not find (like a couple snap rings, and the rubber star washer for the front ouput shaft behind the yoke) which I sourced from Torque King. The Sonnax part was bought on eBay (seller transmaxxllc), just because it had the best price at the time.

Let me know if you need any more info about the build, parts, etc.

Absolutely happy about everything. Everything went smoothly, thankfully. Transfer case was easier to rebuild than front differential. No need to worry about pinion depth, backlash, and all that other stuff.

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love seeing clean parts. Especially love working with clean parts. What did you use as an assembly lubricant?
Dexron III for metal parts. On inside of the seals (the rubber part), I'd usually put a nice amount of Transgel Gold for added lubrication. On O-rings, dab of Shin-Etsu silicone grease.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May have an uncracked dash in excellent condition by next week. Deal is in the works. Not ready to install it quite yet, so need to find something to lay it on in the meantime. May remove the front seats from the interior and place some bean bags inside in order to lay the dash on.

Will start on finishing the front axle assembly soon. Need to finish it so I can take it off the bench to make room for transmission parts.

In the process of making the parts list for the transmission rebuild. Disassembly probably within two months. Rebuilding/re-assembly around March-April of next year. Lots to replace on it.