XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a really good point. Or just find a new shaft. A steering wheel to the face is never worth the cost of a new steering shaft or a cheap fix unless it is to get you bay for the trip to and from the yard for a new one.

Tyler/T-Unit

A new shaft would do the same no?

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got a xj shaft, now i just need to install it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Added the Jeep XJ steering shaft onto mine...Didn't take long at all, and was very worth it...Makes a big difference!

You must be registered for see images attach

Shawn

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
we drilled out the rivets for the ragjoint in my friends 98 and then i machined an aluminum spacer for it. i imagine you could do the same with just a pice of stock, tubing, washers etc. then bolt it back together with lock washers and locktite and nylon nuts lol.

Do you need the spacer? Or could you just bolt it in? How thick is the spacer. I can make one at work. We have aluminum and steel plates and stuff.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i forgot how thick it was i used a caliper to measure the thickness of the ragjoint and machined a piece to mimick it. you might be able to crush the hell out of both cages to get the to lock together but i wouldnt truck it personally.