Writeup: Intake Resonator Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Thanks man, I have special priveledges at work that my boss don't know about, like all access to the steam cleaner when he goes home!!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I did this a while back and I used a black paint can cap! I also removed the thing attached to the throttle blade and cleaned the throttle body.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can now say i am a believer of the resonator mod:hmm:.....True story.. I have experienced increased horsepower and better, deeper exhaust sound, while accelerating. I have also noticed vehicle has more pep and it takes less push of the gas to get to the same distance I traveled before. I noticed a small increase in gas mileage. Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpoop: 96 chevy/ 5.7 Vortec engine .... I completed mod, by caping off resonator and opening air filter bay.

and to oohunter, what thing attached to throttle blade are you talking about.

I did this a while back and I used a black paint can cap! I also removed the thing attached to the throttle blade and cleaned the throttle body.

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I you take off the intake and open the blade to wide open throttle you can see a piece attached under the blade. Just remove the throttle body. Drill out the rivets, remove the peice, clean the blade & install some solid aluminum rivets(you must seal These holes) and reinstall the throttle body!