WRIST PINS DO NOT FIT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys, so ive been working on my stroker finally and started putting the rods and pistons together (which are free floating pins). the first one i did went together fine, the fine spins freely and the rod floats as it should. All seven of the others not so much. the pins all fit properly in the pistons but they start going into the rods and get part way in and get stuck. Ive cleaned them and lubed them up. Do i need the rods honed or something? try a Scoch pad? This is an Eagle rotating assembly so i figured everything would go together smoothly... Any ideas? Thanks

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would have someone that really knows what they are doing hone them. This is the cause of the infamous vortec cold knock. It needs to be right, or you will have similar cold knock issues.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have someone that really knows what they are doing hone them. This is the cause of the infamous vortec cold knock. It needs to be right, or you will have similar cold knock issues.

I thought that was piston skirt clearance?

Sounds like a hone job is needed. I would call Eagle, they should be able to tell you what's going on.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, last night I dropped them off at the machine shop. Said they would hone them out for under $60. Don't mind cuz I picked up the rotating assembly at summit racing for $350.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I thought that was piston skirt clearance?

This contributes to it also, but its the tight wrist pins that rock the pistons back and fourth in the cylinders, making the piston skirts slap the sides of the cylinder walls.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
please tell me you micd the crank and all that. ive been hearing lately eagles specs have been off, materials are still good though so thats not a worry, just wouldnt want you to use something that aint gonna work properly as for your pin issue, ryans right on the money, have your machine shop mic both out and bore accordingly.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got them back from the mechine shop today. They honed them and said the pins were a lil big. Put them all together at all is good.

When I got the Bloch mechined n clearances they line honed it to the crank and bored to the pistons and I plastiguaged the mains and rods. Think I should be good now. I'm Supprised I didn't have to shave the rods to clearance the cam.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope their Eagle rods with ARP studs so the shoulders are clearanced. I'm using a comp cams 08-305-8