Would you still get an alignment done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And sent you packing with .7 degrees of cross camber? So typical. I wouldn't go back. I get the limitations with the crank, it send the camber more negative and steals all the caster. Doesn't mean you can't compromise on both while keeping left and right cross values in check. But that takes effort.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And sent you packing with .7 degrees of cross camber? So typical. I wouldn't go back. I get the limitations with the crank, it send the camber more negative and steals all the caster. Doesn't mean you can't compromise on both while keeping left and right cross values in check. But that takes effort.
Completely agree.... hard to find good alignment shops.
Going to need to get the truck done at some point, so I'll be on the hunt...

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the stock torsion keys with lift replacements, but just barely engaged the bolts on the replacements. This raise the front end maybe an inch inch and a half and I can still get a pinky finger between the upper an-arm and the stop.

The new keys really firmed up the front end as my torsion bars are original and feeling soft, especially in tight corners or coming off a on ramp with a tight curve. The new torsion keys definitely helped cure the cornering dive.

I ended up having to pay extra at the alignment shop because they had to remove the cam stops. But they were able to get it within spec pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My stock keys were cranked and these were still an improvement. The new keys lifted the front more than the stock keys with bolts maxed out. I thought you weren’t supposed to run the stock keys at the “unsafe angle” when the bolts were maxed? Or is that a myth? New keys were $40

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My stock keys were cranked and these were still an improvement. The new keys lifted the front more than the stock keys with bolts maxed out. I thought you weren’t supposed to run the stock keys at the “unsafe angle” when the bolts were maxed? Or is that a myth? New keys were $40

I've never heard of a GMT400 that couldn't max out a crank with stock keys and bars.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get alignments every other oil change. When you beat on off road trucks and tires are $450 each it’s a good idea to get frequent alignments.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are you bending?
I’m not bending anything I think the control arm bolts are moving when I’m abusing the truck off road. Maybe I need to start tack welding things in position after alignments. Not making excuses for the alignment shop but with kryptonite parts and 100 km/h off road adventures I think the upper control arm adjustment is being forced out of place.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not bending anything I think the control arm bolts are moving when I’m abusing the truck off road. Maybe I need to start tack welding things in position after alignments. Not making excuses for the alignment shop but with kryptonite parts and 100 km/h off road adventures I think the upper control arm adjustment is being forced out of place.
I would paint marker everything on the front end and see if it moves.