Would this classify as custom?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So how difficult is it to remove the carpets in our trucks? Mine isn't bad at all except bunch of stuff I never vacuum in between the seats and console, so this weekend I think I'm going to take the seats out and just clean it that way...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
In this order.
Front seats.
Console.
Front seat belts.
Rear seat, & belts.
Sill plates.
You may have to remove the kick panels, but, usually the carpet will pull out from underneath these, & the pillar covers.
Start pulling the carpet up from one side of the truck, to the other.
Reverse to install.
When you take the seats out, take the front bolts out first, then slide the seats forward & remove the rear bolts. This way the seats will stand on their own without constantly falling over. Really imporrtant with electric seats. Once the electric ones are out, you can't move them, without messing with around with a battery & jumper wires.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AhA! I kinda wanna do it but if I removed it I would just go ahead and replace it. It's not that bad I just need to get inbetween the seat and console parts real good.

I usually just do the quick clean I get this tiny broom and just sweep all the crap right out, works really well actually compared to vacuum.

logikfive

Reaction score
Just pulling the seats themselves will make a big difference. On my truck I didn't remove the sill plates (Screws are pretty rusted so getting them out without drilling isn't possible) the carpet just slid under those.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you do pull the sill plates, you will be amazed at the crap that collects in there.
I've owned my '98 for over 6 years. Previous owner was an off-shore commercial fisherman. Drove gravel roads to meet up with the boat, up & down the coast. I swear that I'm still removing the dirt that collected in there from his travels!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to do something with my sill plates. I seen some really sharp ones on Summit or no it was CKresto but they were like $400 :lol: :nono: They were black with a bowtie in the middle. I may have to just do something with the ones I got. Thanks for mentioning that I look forward to see how much crap is under them.