Would this classify as custom?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

logikfive

Reaction score
If I had of touched a maggot, I would have definitely threw in the towel and hauled it to the junkyard. However, everything was in there for so long there wasn't anything left for the maggots to live off of, so...

It's getting MUCH better. I powerwashed the rear seat (yeah, not my ideal way of cleaning, but there really was no other satisfactory way on this) and shop vac'd it clean. It's spotless now and doesn't stink either. There were soda stains, crayon marks and pen marks on it. Everything came out. I didn't get any before pictures, but seeing the carpet I'm sure you can imagine. I'll snap a few of the front seats before I do those tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jesus christ man I would just have said :nono: I don't want the son of a....but you did an amazing job. Mine is "dirty" from this cutting season but far from that. You have inspired me to clean it out to the extent that you did there this weekend. I'm amazed at how well you restored it. Looks more than clean now.

Thank god for people like you that find abused gm400's and give em' a good home! :handshake:

Also man what should I use on my carpet and headliner (same color as yours) and I have a couple of darker stains I really want to get out...All I ever use is that carpet cleaner with the scrubber attached they sell @ autozone, but if there's something that works a lot better let me know.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think i woulda just ripped the carpet out and rhino lined it. but great job on the interior.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
looking good! yea i have some carpet stain from a leaky jager bottle lol. what cleaner are you using. i found this one with oxy clean in it works pretty good

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn man......that was toxic. How do people live like that. If there is an empty bottle in the cupholder and an empty pack of smokes on the seat it bugs me enough.....couldnt even imagine that. Good job on the cleaning, it came out awesome!!

logikfive

Reaction score
I use a bunch of stuff. For interior plastics, to remove the ground in marks that won't come off of doorpanels and such with a texture) I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers found in the cleaning aisle in Wal-Mart. They work BEAUTIFULLY to clean the textured plastics. I've even found they work well on tight braided fabrics (such as seatbelts) Other cleaners I haven't been able to touch the soiled in dirt these things clean up.

Drivers door master switch panel on the Z71.. This stuff might not look that bad in the photos, but it's FAR from clean. Almost every panel had this kind of soiling.

After cleaning the master switch panel (Yes, the tweeter cover is being repainted and the 6.5" speaker will be replaced, they are blown so I'll get new covers)

For fabrics (such as headliners and very lightly soiled seats) that only need spot cleaning or just general cleaning, I will generally just use aerosol Windex. Spray it on, let it soak in a few minutes then scrub it clean with tough paper towels (the blue ones that don't disintegrate) Believe it or not Windex gets out MANY kinds of stains, and is relatively odorless, so I typically follow up with Scotch Guard cleaner/protectant. Scotch Guard also prevents future stains, and works well.

Carpets, I almost NEVER leave them in vehicles anymore to clean. I had a '95 Lumina about 6 years ago now that had really disgusting carpet. It took me two weeks to spot clean it all (working at my leisure of course) and even then it still smelled pretty awful. For what it takes to remove the carpet, powerwash it, let it dry and have it smell VERY clean, I'll always use this method these days. Seats as bad as these, I powerwashed...

My last winter beater (2001 Dodge Neon R/T) it had a previous owner that had a dog, there was dog fur and other crap all over the place. I did the same method and got it spotless.
Before:

Powerwashed:

The trusty tool of the trade.. Probably the only Honda I'd ever consider owning.:evillol:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
You could make so much money buying dirty but decent cars from Craigslist, cleaning them up real good then selling them for more.

CL flipping, not a bad way to make money.

logikfive

Reaction score
Every time I've purchased a vehicle I've sold it for more than I paid, so yes, I do that :p I also spend the time to fully detail them and make them look their best. Otherwise, you lose potential buyers.

Couple years ago I did the same thing on a '98 Lumina LTZ, loaded car with leather and everything. I paid $250 for it, cleaned it up and replaced a few odds and ends that it needed, sold the car for $3,000.

I'll be honest, I planned on doing that with this truck. But, I get a new vehicle and I like it enough so I keep it for awhile. When I get bored with it I'll flip it. I don't think this truck is going anywhere for a long time though :)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For really tough stains, on fabric, you can use lighter fliud. The stuff for 'Zippo' lighters, not butane. It's naptha. The same stuff that dry cleaners use. On lighter fabrics you can only use it once or twice, because the lighter fluid will leave a yellowish stain. So, use it once, then follow up with the normal cleaning process.
Squirt it on the stain. Soak it. Let it sit for a bit. 2 or 3 minutes. Then hit it with compressed air. In a grid, then criss-cross. What the naptha does is loosen the stain, then you blow it through the material with the air.
Always test a small area that won't be seen, first.
Darker fabrics will take up to 3 shots.
DON'T SMOKE while doing this!!!