Would this classify as custom?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

logikfive

Reaction score
*insert vomiting icon*

I've cleaned some NASTY stuff, but man this truck takes it to a whole new level. Rubber gloves were not a option, they were a requirement.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, that's a chicken wing (eaten of course) and an apple core (also eaten) and several pre-chewed pieces of bubblegum in the rear cubby... Wonder what they were saving them for?

Custom carpet...

People are slobs.

I ripped it all out and cleaned everything piece by piece. I powerwashed the carpet with everything in my detailing arsenal, including Clorox bleach. :uhoh2: Didn't get all of the stains out, but because I plan to use this truck as my work truck I'm not too concerned, it's clean (doesn't stink) and that's all that matters.

I didn't get any before photos of the headliner, but it was also covered in crud. There were black smudges all over it. Thankfully every one of them came out.

I think I may attempt to remove the seat covers and powerwash those as well. I think a lot of the interior odor was coming from that and the carpet. If they are held on anything like my Durango seat covers, I shouldn't have much of an issue. :hmm:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Did you pull the carpet completely out of the truck? Looks good, man. I have some stains in my cargo area that I want to take care of, just haven't had the time this summer. Looks really good, though. I will never understand how people can let their vehicle get to that point. Disgusting.

logikfive

Reaction score
Yeah, with as much water as I sprayed on the carpet it would never have dried if I did it in the truck, not to mention the electronics and such.. I was hitting it with a full 1500psi from my pressure washer at about 1-2"... :p

logikfive

Reaction score
Yeah, the purple tint will be removed. I can't even properly clean the rear window because any glass cleaners (even ones safe for tint) eat the tint? I'll have it re-tinted with gray tint to match the side ext cab windows eventually.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I got a friend that is like that (BUT NOT THAT BAD) he has an 01 RCSB that he keeps clean, but he also has a 95' Geo Metro 2 door that was loaded with fast food bags, I was sick of shuffling **** around in the passenger seat on the floor, so I convinced him to clean it, we pushed the driver seat all the way forward to vacuum under it..... low and behold... about 200 maggots crawling around, I threw up 3 times after I pulled my hand out of there and had maggots and rotten food all over me.