Worked the 05 today, pretty surprised

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
An OBS 1500 would have squatted just as bad. I had a piano in the back of my obs before the drop and it dropped it 4-5" at least. I swapped in my hotchkis springs hauled the same piano, and it squatted 1/2".

Stock 1500 springs are just made for comfort. IMO.

Do you like the ride of your Hotchkis spring's, I have never used any of their stuff yet?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
An OBS 1500 would have squatted just as bad. I had a piano in the back of my obs before the drop and it dropped it 4-5" at least. I swapped in my hotchkis springs hauled the same piano, and it squatted 1/2".

Stock 1500 springs are just made for comfort. IMO.

I had my 98 loaded down with just as much weight before and it barely squatted at all. But it had the f44 package or whatever with the 14 bolt so that may come with heevier springs.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my 98 loaded down with just as much weight before and it barely squatted at all. But it had the f44 package or whatever with the 14 bolt so that may come with heevier springs.

Both my OBS and my dads 99 1/2 NBS always would squat a ton under any load with stock springs. :dunno:

And Draggin95: My leafs ride okay, but since I have 5" of drop with no notch I can't give it a fair review. I know that whenever I fix the lack of travel issue that they'll ride a lot better, but for now its a little rough.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see, well I am in the same boat currently' my CC shortbed DD has a flip kit with no notch's, and there is a about 1.5 clearance, bottom's out all the time, but that will be fixed shortly.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see, well I am in the same boat currently' my CC shortbed DD has a flip kit with no notch's, and there is a about 1.5 clearance, bottom's out all the time, but that will be fixed shortly.

I feel yer pain.

Thankfully I have an 06 Burb as a DD. :lol: