wont start help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok my tahoe was starting fine all day and all of a sudden i came out of the store and it wouldnt turn over so im glad i was by a auto parts store i brought a new battery thinking that my optima took a dive still no start so i kept turning key after 4 or so turns it started i parked in the drive way let it run and then cut it off and now it wont start. im stumped

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When was your last tune up? Do you hear the fuel pump kick in when you turn the key on?

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When was your last tune up? Do you hear the fuel pump kick in when you turn the key on?

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

tune up last year around this time.and it sounds like the pump kicks on and goes off if im not mistaken fuel is pose to stay on when key is turned

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tune up last year around this time.and it sounds like the pump kicks on and goes off if im not mistaken fuel is pose to stay on when key is turned

The fuel pump will 'turn off' once the system is primed, before cranking.

You say it is not even turning over? If so then I'd lean towards the starter or connection to the starter, they will corrode and break after time. Try tapping the starter with a hammer, sometimes that will get them spinning.

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fuel pump will 'turn off' once the system is primed, before cranking.

You say it is not even turning over? If so then I'd lean towards the starter or connection to the starter, they will corrode and break after time. Try tapping the starter with a hammer, sometimes that will get them spinning.
thanks i will look into the starter thats what my buddy said the starter its been crankin over slow any way and i think ima change the alt also
UPDATE: starter took a dive on me so changed that started right up and upgrading to a 140 amp alt thanks for all the help guys

Last edited: