wiper motor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so for some reason every once in a while the wipers on my truck just quit working,,, this morning when i started the truck and turned them on because of the rain they would not work,, so i got out popped the hood and wiggled the plug and they started to work,, i talked to my dad the other day about it and he has the same issue with his 94... and he said my uncle has the same issue with his 95,,, i take it this is a common problem???? any advice on fixing it??

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broken solder points on the control board. Either find them and re solder them or replace the board. Very common problem.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
control board?,, like the fuse box? or the wiper motor??,, lol sorry for being dumb..

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow,, again,, sorry for being stupid,, your talking about the control board on the wiper motor,,, can i buy a replacement one or do i have to buy the entire wiper motor

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The control board is inside the wiper. Just take the cover off, & there it is. Don't even have to remove the wiper motor from the truck. $10.00?

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice,,, im gonna give napa a call tomorrow and see if they will drop me off with some other things i ordered