HVAC ISSUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Vaughn

Reaction score
I am completely stuck on what is going. 99 Yukon, the vent selection actuator by gas pedal. Here’s my problem, I’ve replaced the actuator, it will turn the blend door and seal the door so there isn’t any air blowing into your feet when the vent for face has been selected, than after a few times it will not turn all the way to seal for just face, it acts as though the face, feet mode is engaged, tons of air is getting by the blend door, I thought it was a bad actuator, maybe calibration came off or something so I bought another one. Same issue, works fine for a few days then will not seal the door all the way, I even replaced the door and the linkages thinking something was binding up. Still does it with a third actuator in. Will seal perfectly fine then after a few days, will not turn all they way. Therefore air is going to feet and face when face is selected. Idk what else to do this is so mind boggling. I need some help please lol. I should mention also that I will hear a click or a pop right before it does it, then it will never work right after.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding--and maybe I'm wrong--is that the controller "forgets" where the actuators/air doors are positioned when it loses power--so it cycles them to the ends of their travel to "re-calibrate" itself.

Try it, see what happens.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a procedure in the service manual to enable the replacement to learn where " zero " is. In the HVAC section.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score