HVAC issues - air isn't blowing from ANY location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostmeyer

Reaction score
Mine has an intermittent issue with the selector door for the torso outlets not opening. It will close the defrost and foot outlets, but not open the torso, so there's very little airflow at all. I would get down and look closely at it while changing the outlets.

Now that I know what's happening, I can reach down while driving and pop it open.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has an intermittent issue with the selector door for the torso outlets not opening. It will close the defrost and foot outlets, but not open the torso, so there's very little airflow at all. I would get down and look closely at it while changing the outlets.

Now that I know what's happening, I can reach down while driving and pop it open.
Your issue is most likely due to sticky linkage sliders on that actuator; it's the only one that isn't direct-drive. The factory lube on them gets gummed up over the years. Quick fix is to lay down some newspaper on the carpet and shoot some WD40 in there and run the position control back and forth to "work" it a little bit. Wipe up the excess WD40 then maybe apply a light shot of fresh white lithium spray grease. Those two spring-loaded sliders are pretty delicate mechanisms so be careful.

Richard

Reaction score
I had a Mazda once that did the same thing, the problem was crated by me. I was on a trip in the summer and the cycle switch quit working so I bypassed it, after a while of driving no air came out of the vents, the evap core froze up. So I would only turn on the AC for a little while then turn it off. It really didn't help that much on the trip but did feel good for a little bit on that hot summer day. That said, before you drop the dash check all your pressure switch's. Make sure the compressor is cycling properly. If the compressor never cycles it will freeze up. Keep that in mind as your thinking of dropping the dash.