Windstar efan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, Friday I got my radiator out on a couple saw horses and laid the efan assembly on it. I was amazed how well it fit! You'd think Ford had made it with our trucks in mind.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

All I really needed to do is deepen the notches at one end, and make matching notches at the other end 'till it sat flat on the radiator.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

To facilitate the laying flat scenario, I needed to cut out and clearance for the hose outlets. I also had to cut off and smooth over the stock fan mounts.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

So today I got it all cleaned up and sitting nicely on the radiator, then I needed to figure out how to attach it. I didnt want to use anything that went through the fins themselves, so went down to the hardware store and picked up a couple 4 ft. 1/2"X 3/4" aluminum angles, and one 4 ft. 1"X 1" aluminum angle. Picked up some rivets and screws too.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I took the smaller two angles and cut them to length for the top and bottom, notching out for the ribs. The Windstar efan assembly is open at one end so I took the larger angle and fit it in the opening. I had to v-cut it at both ends to fit around obstacles. Once everything was fitted to my liking, I clamped them and drilled holes and riveted them in place.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

At the open end I had to notch for various things before it would lay flat.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Once everything laid flat, and lined up, I took some small self tapping screws and attached the whole thing to the aluminum U-channel at the top and bottom of the core.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

All in all I was pretty ecstatic about how it ended up, and how well it fit, and that the wife let me do it in the living room while watching NASCAR. All in all, it was a pretty good day.....

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I am planing an efan swap this summer. I have an old radiator that hasn't found its way to the recycler yet. I'll definitely be using this idea. What year Windstar?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was 94-95 I believe. 98 and up are reported to work too, but the dimensions are slightly different.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Really nice write up. Not planning on doing it to my truck, but thinking of doing it to the Montes.

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
Sweet! Something else to snag from the pull a part yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it appears we both hit the jackpot! Oh, and thanks for telling me about the Windstar efans!!

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Do you have pics of them installed? Looks like a great fit.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They do fit great. In fact, its amazing how well they fit. Well, my radiator anyway. I noticed that there are 2-3 other mounting places that tell me there are multiple radiator options. I did set it in the truck yesterday, but I dont have my upper mounts yet, so it went back into the garage.