window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I had one windsheild done in all 20% looked badass and wasnt to horrible driving but you deff tell at 35% is great for windsheildswhen i get mine redone the cab windows will be back to 5 percent and everything else will be done in 20%

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I had one windsheild done in all 20% looked badass and wasnt to horrible driving but you deff tell at 35% is great for windsheildswhen i get mine redone the cab windows will be back to 5 percent and everything else will be done in 20%

in Virginia, with an exemption, mine are technically illegal. but since you can see through the cab in daylight, i'm hoping to get by without much trouble.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Here's mine. In MS we have a 28% max law. Personally I'll never have another vehicle w/o tint. Down here in the South it gets so hot in the summer, the tint really helps.

You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
None of our vehicles don't have tint! It does help the heat, and the sun, and those people that stare at you when you pull next to them. haha. I think my tint is around 15 or 20 percent, the Mustang is limo tinted on the back and side class. For backing in darker areas, just roll your windows down and use your mirrors (Tows are great for this), I never have to look out the back glass, unless I'm hooking to a trailer, only reason just to line the center up.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I like the look of tinted out vehicles, I run 5% all around, my brow on my windshield is also 5%. When standing outside you cant see inside at all unless you look through the windshield
You must be registered for see images attach

Colyn.

Reaction score
I recently stripped all the tint of my '89 and I love it, that one wont ever have tint put back on it but I dont daily drive it so.... But my '05 has 5% on all the rears, 20% fronts and then a 5% stripe and I love it but soon im going back to have the shield done in 45% just to knock off the glare during the day but to make it look blacked out at night.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They don't make a 2% film, so to get 2% you would have to do a layer of 20% and a layer of 5%. But as kn1ght suggests, you may be thinking backwards as to what the percentages are.

If you want to get technical, anything darker than 100% and you start losing visibility at night, but every person has a different threshold for what is too dark for them at night.

I am talking about backing your average unlit driveway with your average car.

With 20% on the suburban I roll down my windows to back into my garage. That's with the little rinky garage door opener light.

Since we do tinting I have some experience with different brand and percentages. I drove this guys F-150 with 2% about an hour after the sun went down and I couldn't see anything out the sides or back.