Wideband O2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I feel ya. Don't change what ain't broken. But you don't need the pro setup to run serial. All you need is a serial to usb adapter and then plug it into your laptop. Goatrope garage has a pretty good tutorial for it on YouTube. He also makes great tuning videos for anyone looking to get into tuning. I've used his methods and everything is turning out perfect.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

For sure, I’ve been following Kyle’s channel since he started it. Smart dude.

In second look, I actually have the AEM that has the obd can bus pass through, but couldn’t use that since I’m on gen 3 (I got it as a Christmas present from my beautiful wife). I depinned the obd and ran the wires to the pcm. I can always change it back later if I want, but like you said, if it ain’t broke...

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That AEM is a good setup. I had one of those before my Spartan but I was only borrowing it.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run the analog on pretty much any 0-5v that’s available. It’s definitely better on serial, but I don’t have the pro set for HPT, so I ran it straight to the pcm on a dedicated run since I’m not using the AC sensor. I calculated the voltage offset and made a math parameter on the scanner and it reads pretty dead on, so I’m gonna roll with it for now.

This also works well for about any other 0-5v sensor you want. I have a fuel pressure sensor running through my egr wires currently.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
This also works well for about any other 0-5v sensor you want. I have a fuel pressure sensor running through my egr wires currently.

Yes sir! I’ll probably do that when/if I ever go Forced induction. That’s what’s so great about the custom math parameters on the VCM scanner.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will eventually use it in combination with a megasquirt fuel injection. I just finished building a 350 for the truck. It will be carbureted at first until it is broken in. At some point after I know the engine runs ok, I will put the tbi back on and play with the tuning. The O2 readout will be just for indication until the fuel injection is added.

Reaction score
I just got the aem Guage myself working on the best way to install it i was wondering if anyone has any idea if it's possible to just run the signal wire to the ecm via the orginal o2 sensor wire with the 0-5v lead they supply you with the Guage or is there a reason everyone runs it through the ac or egr port

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has any idea if it's possible to just run the signal wire to the ecm via the orginal o2 sensor wire with the 0-5v lead they supply you with the Guage or is there a reason everyone runs it through the ac or egr port
FWIU the ECM/PCM is looking for a signal from the NBO2 sensor in a range from 14.2 - 15.0 AFR on 0 - 1.0 VDC where the WBO2 will swing from 10.1 - 20.1 AFR on 0 - 5VDC on your AEM, (my Innovate is a little different) so it won't be accurate. You need a 0 - 5VDC input in your computer. The EBL has 8 configurable inputs for stuff like this and uses it to tune your VE tables.

You must be registered for see images attach