Why does my power window stop 3 times?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On every vehicle that I've owned with power windows, I've made a point of lubricating the channels and the edges of the glass with 3M dry silicone spray lubricant. The windows operate more smoothly, there is less strain on the motor and the rest of the mechanism, and they go a bit faster.

And, maybe just luck, but I've never had a power window failure. I'd recommend this to anyone who "hates to delve into the doors"

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
As well, the regulator needs lubrication, and the tracks that the rollers operate in. A lot of the time on old vehicles, the white grease that is used has all but dried up and become a hard wax.

Dusty climates will also tend to fill the inside of the door with fine dust, and this gets into the grease as well. If you can get the door apart easily, then it's in your best interest to lubricate everything to do with the regulator.