Who actually does good chip burning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've read mixed reviews on tbichips.com, so I'm a little hesitant to go through him. Does anyone else know of a reputable person who can burn a chip? I have a stock engine, I just need to get a chip burned to convert my '95 350ci from automatic to manual....What's the best way to go about doing this?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all you are wanting to do is change from an automatic to manual calibration, why not do it yourself? Gearhead-EFI.com has a mostly complete database of BIN files for the GM TBI vehicles so you can find the right file for your application. For less than you would pay someone to create a new chip, you can buy everything you need to install a new socket in the ECU and read/burn your own chips.

I did the ZIF socket install in my 1228747 ECU and custom tune for a 383 TBI / NV4500 myself and I am really happy with the results. It also gives me the ability to update the tune down the road if I want to change the cam, heads, throttle body, etc.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about doing that myself, but I have no desire to stick with TBI for longer than a few months...I'm either going to be picking up a 5.3 Vortec or I'll be doing a 383 Stroker carb setup, I'm not a fan of TBI to start with to be honest haha. So yes, I've thought about it but I also want to get the swap done as soon as I possibly can since it's my daily driver, I won't really have the time to mess with the equipment and do the calibrations and things. Plug and play would be best for now