Whipple for 88-95 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well, thanks for trying. Got it on my watch list...we'll see what happens.

What seal is it missing? And about the chip -

Four different possibilities for a transmission in 1994. 4L60E, 4L80E, NV3500, NV4500 - of course that would be just 3 possible chip variants; 60E, 80E, or manual trans. ECMs/PCMs varied numerous times over the years of TBI so there's definitely no such thing as a one-size-fits-all chip, and since he's not the original owner of the kit and never installed it, he may not even know/remember what the original specific application of that chip was.

Richard

It's missing the small seal for the intake adapter plate. Basically, there's an adapter plate (You should see it in the pics, it has two holes that in the bottom that would match up with the throttle body holes on the intake). You bolt that plate to the intake, and then bolt the supercharger compressor to that plate. Well, the plate has a small groove all the way around for a rubber seal (or gasket) to sit in, so that it would seal up against the compressor. His is missing, but you could probably make your own or find some rubber gasket tubing material and make your own, mine is more like a tube that is just cut to the right length to go all the way around so the ends butt up against each other.

Make sense?

And yes, I understand what you mean. The chip actually says it's for a 1994 5.0 or 5.7 GM, it might say what transmission as well, it's on the sticker on the chip, I didn't get a chance to look at that.

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
700 bucks and 3 days left in the auction.

I'm thinking this is gonna get expensive.

Who the heck are these people who get into bidding wars on eBay days before an auction ends anyways?

Don't they understand how completely pointless that is?

Well, unless you're a shill for the seller that is......:rofl:

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

I'm thinking this is gonna get expensive.....

Uhh yah usually bids go up more in the last day then they do the entire rest of the auction

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score

I'm thinking this is gonna get expensive.

Who the heck are these people who get into bidding wars on eBay days before an auction ends anyways?

Don't they understand how completely pointless that is?

Well, unless you're a shill for the seller that is......:rofl:

So mad at myself I didn't see it sooner. He had it listed for $600 buy it now when the auction started. I would have bought it, driven over and picked it up, then turned around and sold it and made some serious money. I'm guessing it'll go over $1200.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So mad at myself I didn't see it sooner. He had it listed for $600 buy it now when the auction started. I would have bought it, driven over and picked it up, then turned around and sold it and made some serious money. I'm guessing it'll go over $1200.

Damn I wish I saw that, I would have bought it for $600 and put it to use lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that price shot up, about where I thought it would go tho

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Tick over 1500 bucks and 25 min to go.

Last 60 seconds is where the serious bidding usually happens.

All everyone bidding up to this point has done and is make the seller very happy.....dumb@sses.