Which transmission filter for a 1998 K1500 with 4l60E?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your transmission's pan flat on the bottom, or does it have a step in it? The stepped pan is the "deep" pan and uses the longer filter, the flat bottom is the same as used on the 4L60e in years prior to '98. You should have the shallow pan, unless it has been swapped at some point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your transmission's pan flat on the bottom, or does it have a step in it? The stepped pan is the "deep" pan and uses the longer filter, the flat bottom is the same as used on the 4L60e in years prior to '98. You should have the shallow pan, unless it has been swapped at some point.

Thanks, I'll crawl under tomorrow and take a look

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score

What he said ^ I just wanted to say that I have a deep pan from the factory.