Any luck with A/C Sniffers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to start chasing a slow-ish AC leak and am considering buying one of these leak detectors. For $25 on amazon, I can't get burned too bad, but I'm amazed that they cost either $25 or $250!

Previous owner has records of his shop looking for the leak via UV on four separate occasions, so I figured this may be the way to go. In 15 years of driving I've never taken a car to a mechanic (body shop, hell yea) and don't really want to start now. Either way, I'm afraid this AC leak is going to be a money pit.

Anyone been in my sweaty shoes?

Also- there's a second evaporator over the right-rear wheel well, correct? I doubt the old man's shop ever put eyes in there.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I have one,works fairly well for a low cost detector.Has a nice little pouch to keep it in.
You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My neighbor is a commercial refrigeration tech, he has one of the high dollar ones that I have used. I didn't detect any leaks when I have replaced ac parts on my trucks and vans. The ac is still working on them so I guess the sniffer was accurate.........