Which exhaust sounds best on a GMT 400 in your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flowmaster
magnaflow
cherry bomb
dynomax
etc
What do you guys think sounds the best, what are you guys running for an exhaust setup

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
I had a friend in high school that had a 94 ecss with a 5.7, long tubes, stock cats, single in dual out Flowmaster 40 series, duals out the back. To this day I think it is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who hate on Flowmaster. Don't know why. For me, it's all about tone, and I think Flowmaster has the best out there. I love mine, not quiet, but not loud enough to attract attention, just a nice deep rumble tone to it, no popping or droning.

Right now I just have the stock headers, and I believe it's a cat-back Flowmaster system. Single outlet coming out behind passenger rear tire. My muffler is HUGE, but I don't want to change it, I love the way it sounds. I've been going back and forth on what I want to do for headers, shortys or long-tubes, but that's a different story.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
On a 5.0? not much.
On my 98 with the 5.7 I liked the straight pipe sound, I mean real straights with no cats and no mufflers out the back with turn downs at the rear bumper. Sounded awesome and a lot of people will hate on straight pipes though.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My magnaflow is alright but it is way too damn quiet at idle. It sounds decent but I don't like how it sounds somewhat like glasspacks at WOT.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I like the magnaflow but I am getting "older" and don't like the exhaust too loud! Especially at idol. If I get on the gas, that's when I want to hear the exhaust ROAR.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man i love them.. ive heard GTOs with them and WOW lol males fro-masters sound like crap... and ive ran flowmaster on all my trucks.. not anymore...