Where to buy online an oem engine oil dipstick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not looked, but I'm not suprised the 96 and later would be different 95 and earlier, with all the external changes between TBI versus Vortec.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '99 Suburban had a different dipstick than my '89 Stepside. I tend to keep a couple extras on hand from Pull-A-Part because they also fit my big block Cadillac motors with a little trimming. On my cheap TBI rebuild I used a generic chrome hot rod dip stick.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You didn't mention what engine is in the truck... But if it's a 5.0 or 5.7 then you want part number 10110898. Here's the diagram from Wholesale GM Parts Online.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14516&modelYear=1994&ukey_category=19398

EDIT - You can probably tell from the diagram but the dipstick itself is a separate part from the tube, part number 10233597. You'll need that too unless you already have one.

Last edited:

Russ k1500

Reaction score
I just went through this looking for a transmission dipstick for my 2005 Astro van. I finally got one from Tasca Parts. They don't call it a dipstick, it's a gauge to them. I got to them by googling the part number of the "gauge". It took a while to get it but it finally got here.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as I’ve been around I’ve never seen a 95 that was tbi. I thought they were all vortec 95 and up
No, that's 96 and up are all vortec.95 is the transition year. It's the odd ball truck. A TBI engine with a vortec interior except the dash doesn't have a passengers air bag. A lot of things on a 95 are that year only, and do not exchange with any other year.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, that's 96 and up are all vortec.95 is the transition year. It's the odd ball truck. A TBI engine with a vortec interior except the dash doesn't have a passengers air bag. A lot of things on a 95 are that year only, and do not exchange with any other year.
I’ve just never seen a 95 with tbi that’s all. I do know a 95 transmission is one all its own.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve just never seen a 95 with tbi that’s all. I do know a 95 transmission is one all its own.
Yes, the trans is a one and only, but it is a 4L60E, so really, it's the valve body and how it is controlled that is different. The other internals are all the same.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't find anywhere this thing, only the old short generic sbc style. My truck is a 94 K1500.
Anyone knows? Please help.
Hello, this is what is available at PNP's, I can check tomorrow and get you one if there is a good one. Do you have the 5.7?