where online to buy 4l60e trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at swapping out my trans at a later date but want one built up a Lil bit.. trying to find a online dealer and Monster is definitely not one I will buy from.:nono:

This is for my 97 ecsb..

Anyone......

Thanks.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
No, eff Monster, seriously.

Carolina Performance is a company I have dealt with in the past and been quite happy.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I say this in every one of these threads, but if I were you I'd be looking for a well-reputed local builder. There's something to be said for the ability to have a face to face conversation with someone and tell them exactly what you're looking for, and looking to do with the build. I understand it's not an option for everyone and highly location sensitive but I'm really glad I found a local builder for the 4L60E in my red truck.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
You could always go big name, like TCI through Summitracing. Or even a new GM 4l60 that you put a kit in would probably suffice. BTW, I tried to look them up, and CPT is apparently gone.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I looked at summit and jegs. But I think those would be a Lil over the top for what I need. There is one shop here in town that I'm getting good feedback on from locals here. Might have to go back and talk with him again.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Because of my fabulous experiences with Monster, I've built a few myself, and I can say, the one in my 87 4x4 held up fine for 2 years with a 350, and 37's, and I wheeled it and drove it every winter. It only had a five gear planetary, Sonnax VB kit, and corvette servo.

If you want one for the future, why not grab a good core and rebuild it yourself? There's alot of write ups out there, and it's pretty easy. It really doesn't even require any special tools for the most part. You probably don't have snap ring pliers, or a press, which are the two hold ups, but pliers are cheap, and there's ways around the press.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could always go big name, like TCI through Summitracing. Or even a new GM 4l60 that you put a kit in would probably suffice. BTW, I tried to look them up, and CPT is apparently gone.

Dont factory gm 4l60e they don't have half the bug fixes