Where does this plug go, two wire green and green black.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to determine where this plug goes. Has two green wires, Haynes manual is not real clear. I'm thinking there may be a missing piece coming off the canister?

You must be registered for see images attach

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year/model/engine? Im going to guess it is a 96+ truck with a 5.7. Looks like it could be the high pressure switch on the A/C compressor. But with out more info I could be for anything.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year/model/engine? Im going to guess it is a 96+ truck with a 5.7. Looks like it could be the high pressure switch on the A/C compressor. But with out more info I could be for anything.
98 tahoe with 2000 engine. There is a plug going to the AC compressor, this is on the drivers side, already hooked up.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haynes manuals are excellent emergency toilet paper. Stop relying on them for actual information.

REAL manuals in .pdf format are available from links on this site.
First time I have bought a Haynes manual, and probably the last. I will see what I can find in the links.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
98 tahoe with 2000 engine. There is a plug going to the AC compressor, this is on the drivers side, already hooked up.
On my 98 Tahoe, it’s to the switch on the compressor (light green and dark green wires).

The missing line is to the evap purge valve solenoid.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haynes manuals are excellent emergency toilet paper. Stop relying on them for actual information.

REAL manuals in .pdf format are available from links on this site.
Agreed. Haynes and Chiltons are not only devoid of any actual usefull information, they are also so poorly written and edited that I believe they cause more harm than they are worth.
Any actual useable information has been removed long ago.
I just chucked a Haynes "Buick Lesabre 1988 to 2003 in the trash so it couldnt make the world worse.
Haynes and Chiltons are no longer reputable companies and they have not been reputable for many years.
They are comic books that the parts ****** use to squeeze another 25 bucks out of somebody just who needs his car to run so he can go to work and support his kids.
If you are new to this whole mechanical nuttery and you are short on cash one of the besta things you can do for yourself is to look into your local library.
Just because I have a Seattle library card I get free access to Chiltons online
Which is better than the crappy books at the part store.
I also get free access to Mitchells online.
Mitchells is an onsite subscription so I have to go to that specific library to access it.
But I can look up whatever I need and print it for ten cents a page while my wife finds some exotic cookbook that will lead to a taste I never experianced.
And I will go out the door with all of my car information and , after dinner
When she is really tired out and just done?
I will tell her the story of whatever horrific ship wreck or mountain disaster or whatever loopy book I found at the library.
Everybody needs a library card.
Reading is the best thing you can ever do for yourself and your kids.
And it is free.
And your kids will have a blast.
When you first take your kids to the childs section at the library and they ask you what they can have,
And you tell them all of it.
It is all yours.
That is a one time only kids.
You will only see that one time.
Pay attention to that little moment.
Little bells will ding ding ding in their heads and they will absolutely wreck the place.
But, if you are a parent.
That rates right up with the first time they said momma or daddy.
And its also the first time you realize that they are fully capable of creating anarchy on there own and that you wont get any sleep for the next twenty years

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 98 Tahoe, it’s to the switch on the compressor (light green and dark green wires).

The missing line is to the evap purge valve solenoid.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the pics.